× Website Questions and Ideas

New TCI Web Site

More
16 years 7 months ago #130553 by beth
New TCI Web Site was created by beth
Interested to know what everyone thinks about the site and new tools.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #130556 by Electrojake
Replied by Electrojake on topic Re:New TCI Web Site
Wow, she’s a beauty!
Lots to see & do on this new TCI site.
It’s going to be fun to tinker around with this thing.
I would guess that a major overhaul such as this was quite expensive and time consuming. Nice Job TCI & Crew.

Thanks for the investment in our tree climbing community.
Regards,
-Electrojake-

More
16 years 7 months ago #130561 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Re:New TCI Web Site
Great job Beth! Everything's looking good!

More
16 years 7 months ago #130562 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:New TCI Web Site
Have not been able to figure out all the new tools. The photos appear to slow down the loading process specially for those with slow conections. Unable to see \"new posts\" versus \"old posts\". I am sure all those issues will work themselves out as soon as I figure out the new lay out.

More
16 years 7 months ago #130568 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Re:New TCI Web Site
Did I see this right? The size limit for photos is 50kb? Any other sites I go to allow uploads of at LEAST 500kb. Most allow 1MB per photo, and some up to 3MB.

Can that 50kb be increased? Or, best yet- can we have photo uploading software like on facebook.com where they will take a photo of any size, and it automatically resizes it to meet the site limits.

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
16 years 7 months ago #130569 by nickfromwi
Oh, and I submitted a profile picture. When will that show up?

Also, all the screen names have been turned to all lower case. Is there a way to make them the way they were before? I am seriously thinking there are all sorts of new people! It took my brain a while to realize treeman was Treeman...aka Peter.

The \"submit\" \"cancel\" and \"preview\" button down below are too light and hard to read. They look grayed out, like you shouldn't be able to click on them.

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
16 years 7 months ago #130570 by nickfromwi
Oh, I found something else I'd like to see changed. There is a bar at the top that says

Welcome, Nick Araya Show Latest Posts | My Profile | Logout

I think it's not necessary. The \"latest posts\" button is GREAT and I would keep that, but the logout, access to my profile are already available to the left. That big box at the top just makes me have to scroll further down to read the good stuff.

I like the info in the smaller box below where it shows the tiers of the forum. It makes it fast for me to be able to click back to that category, or back to the main forum page.

If it were my decision to make, I would keep the green bar that says \"TCI Message Board.\" Ditch the big gray box below it. Put the forum tier thing IN the green box above...make it part of that green box/bar. Then you remove 2 un-needed boxes in the process!

The site looks great. I'm looking forward to spending time here!

love
nick

More
16 years 7 months ago #130576 by moss
nickfromwi wrote:

Did I see this right? The size limit for photos is 50kb? Any other sites I go to allow uploads of at LEAST 500kb. Most allow 1MB per photo, and some up to 3MB.

Can that 50kb be increased? Or, best yet- can we have photo uploading software like on facebook.com where they will take a photo of any size, and it automatically resizes it to meet the site limits.

love
nick

Nick are you talking about all photos or the Profile photo? It appears the 50k limit is on the Profile photo which isn't a big deal as far as I can see.
-moss

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130577 by moss
nickfromwi wrote:

Oh, and I submitted a profile picture. When will that show up?

Just looking around and it appears that the \"avatar\" photo (what appears next to your post) isn't linked to the Profile photo. I looked around and can't find any avatar photo import or editing tool. If you right click on the current generic avatar image you'll see in the Properties that it is the default \"no photo\" avatar image.

Hopefully the profile photos and the avatar will get linked up eventually.

This is a complex site architecture so I can imagine it will take some time to chase down all the small problems.
-moss
Last edit: 16 years 7 months ago by moss.

More
16 years 7 months ago #130578 by moss
Which reminds me, image or file attachment functionality is currently disabled for posts.
-moss

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130580 by beth
Replied by beth on topic Re:New TCI Web Site
If you have loaded your picture using the user profile (on the left menu), you should be set now.

Thanks,
Beth
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 years 7 months ago by beth.

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130581 by beth
Replied by beth on topic Re:New TCI Web Site
Regarding images in a post, your image is placed if you select the Browse button from the \"Select Image file to attach\" (below), then click the button after you've selected the appropriate image. The image will not appear in a preview. The tan bar just above where your message starts while you're posting gives you instructions during this function. Thanks, Beth[img] button after you've selected the appropriate image.

The image will not appear in a preview.

The tan bar just above where your message starts while you're posting gives you instructions during this function.

Thanks,
Beth
Last edit: 16 years 7 months ago by beth.

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130582 by moss
Thanks Beth, here's a test:

Attachments:

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130583 by moss
It works, a leap of faith since you can't see the preview.

Thanks Beth!
-moss
Attachments:

• pattyjenkins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #130584 by pattyjenkins
Replied by pattyjenkins on topic Re:New TCI Web Site
Hi Everybody,
Thanks for all your congratulations, \"wow looks great\" comments, questions, and suggestions. This website's been a long time coming and we're really excited to be back in the 21st century.
There's lots and LOTS of work to do on it yet, though. Please continue to be patient as we plow through all the glitch-fixing and polishing. And when you see a problem, please let me know by email . I can't promise I know how to fix it yet--in fact most probably I don't (very steep learning curve!)--but I'll put it all on the list and we'll get changes made as fast as we can.
Thanks again!
With a huge sigh of relief and a big smile,
Patty Jenkins
TCI Chief Administrator
Last edit: 16 years 7 months ago by pattyjenkins.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds