• engineer101
  • engineer101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 6 months ago #137046 by engineer101
Palm tree climbing using a lanyard/sling was created by engineer101
Hey all,

New to the board. I'm currently doing some work with optimising sling design used for climbing trees/ wooden poles like in this video:

Just general question for those of you on this board that have used this technique: what are the problems/ difficulties you've encountered using this technique and what would you improve?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #137047 by patty
Replied by patty on topic Palm tree climbing using a lanyard/sling
Hi Engineer101,

You may get a couple of responses here, but most of the climbers who come to the TCI Forums are recreational climbers and do not use leg spikes. Also, the vast majority are not located where there are palm trees. You'd do better to post your video and ask for comments on TreeBuzz.com, which is where all the tree cutters go for conversation.

patty j.

More
9 years 6 months ago #137049 by Nimbadon
Replied by Nimbadon on topic Palm tree climbing using a lanyard/sling
Looks like you are doing ok to me, just don't walk your feet up to high before you advance your lanyard
I'd be putting a micro pulley on that lanyard to help tend the hitch when shortening.

What is your objective at the top?

More
3 years 11 months ago #139631 by Tree Spider
Replied by Tree Spider on topic Palm tree climbing using a lanyard/sling
I saw a vid in which a guy launched a throw bag over the canopy of a palm tree. He fashioned his climb line in a loose choke, around the trunk, and pulled that up using the throw line. When the line was high enough, he tightened the choke. I wonder if that may work for ya.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds