Tie in point isolation alternatve

• roth_wyatt
  • roth_wyatt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
10 years 6 months ago #136215 by roth_wyatt
Tie in point isolation alternatve was created by roth_wyatt
just a quick Idea that I had, If I connected an ascender like the basic to a webbing loop on my harness and used it to move over anything caught in between the ropes by attaching the basic above the branch blocking you from advancing to your tie in point. Then unclip your split tail and advance with the basic past the branch then advance the split tail above and clip in then advance normally with your split tail.
This could save everyone the trouble of dealing with isolating your tie in point

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #136218 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Tie in point isolation alternatve
Cool idea. I use a Tibloc on a sling/tether to deal with a similar situation SRT climbing (moving the rope through a redirect so I don't have to climb through the redirect). If I run into a limb captured by a DRT system I usually just lanyard in, unclip the carabiner on the standing end and move that up and back over the limb, then clip it back in to my harness. For most broadleaf trees isolation is not much of a problem, for conifers it can be a big problem, which is why many folks prefer to access conifers SRT, no isolation required.
-AJ
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by moss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds