Moss's Video - Remotely setting SRT traverse

• peter
  • peter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 years 11 months ago #134527 by peter
Three darts & I were up a fig yesterday & mucked about with lateral moves using Moss's idea of retrieving the throw bag.
. I can't remember how I came across this video but I'm glad I did.
We used the exact method but added a smaller weight than the first throw bag about 2 feet in front of the grapnel.
The idea of this was that the second weight would stop at the branch & then there would be a loose 2 foot section of line that we believed would swing more freely. It worked first time for both of us & we were ecstatic with the result.

Our grapnels are of the same design as the yella but with a single shaft that is shorter & flattened at the end to allow a hole to be drilled through. A nut is welded at the bottom with a bolt previously drilled down the center to allow for extra weight to be tied on if required. You can view pics here
File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #134528 by michaeljspraggon
Replied by michaeljspraggon on topic Re:Moss's Video - Remotely setting SRT traverse
Hi Peter,

That's an interesting grapnel design there! It was me who designed the Yella Grapnel and I decided to leave the length as per New Tribe's design and simply twist the arms.

I guess the shorter shaft with some of the weight below the arms means that it's less likely to get snagged on the way over to the target branch but how does it effect the grapnel's ability to tip over and snag the line when pulled?

Michael

• greenluck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #134576 by greenluck
Replied by greenluck on topic Re:Moss's Video - Remotely setting SRT traverse
Nice video, I like the foot sling-shot!

More
10 years 8 months ago #136112 by XCountry Canopy
Replied by XCountry Canopy on topic Re: Moss's Video - Remotely setting SRT traverse
I'd like to see the video for this. Where would I find it?

Ian

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #136117 by moss

XCountry Canopy wrote: I'd like to see the video for this. Where would I find it?

Ian

It's here Ian, that was my first test remotely setting an SRT traverse with my foot-mounted slingshot. Since then I've set many. Main thing with this technique is you need to be higher in a tree than the distance you want to set the rope horizontally:

https://vimeo.com/26036153

-AJ
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by moss.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds