need help!!!

• 410549TREE
  • 410549TREE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #133705 by 410549TREE
need help!!! was created by 410549TREE
I am trying to learn how to tie the distel and the vt i am climbing with a standard system and would like to upgrade. any pics or tips would be great help to me. thanks Rob
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by 410549TREE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #133710 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:need help!!!
Google it, they have better pictures and videos.:laugh:

• 410549TREE
  • 410549TREE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
14 years 10 months ago #133711 by 410549TREE
Replied by 410549TREE on topic Re:need help!!!
i tryed they dont have steps on tieing it just pics if you find a website and could send me the url that would be great. what kind of system do you climb with?

More
14 years 10 months ago #133721 by canopyboy
Replied by canopyboy on topic Re:need help!!!
Here, this was a recent thread in a different forum that had some decent discussion and some good pictures. I personally run mine a little shorter, about 27\" eye-to-eye. You'll have to create an account to see the pictures. That site has a different flavor, but is much more active and you might get more responses, so an account should be worth it.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=94330

I don't have step by step stuff, but if you really need that, you might want to stick with simpler knots.:silly: Then again, if you search AS you might find someone who did put up step by step instructions....

I'm really glad I made the switch to the VT, although I still use a Blake's on some of my lanyards. And I'm still using tied eyes. That was suggested to me by someone else to help dial in the length you want to use. Then if you want to spend the money you can get a spliced one. I just never saw the need.

Hope this helps a little.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds