Clove hitch on bight

• rocknroll
  • rocknroll's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
18 years 11 months ago - 18 years 11 months ago #125123 by rocknroll
Clove hitch on bight was created by rocknroll
Just wanted to know somw of the vets thought of this knot, I have not tried it for climbing (I will) for using as a asending knot. I tied this knot and dressed and set it and it looked so nice and smooth so I put it on my knot tying practice rope. I will post a link, scroll down for the knot. The top of this page is kind of funny to please look it over.
http://www.divinentd.com/nils/knots.html

Psithurism - the sound of the wind rustling the leaves.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 11 months ago - 18 years 11 months ago #125125 by Tom Dunlap
Replied by Tom Dunlap on topic Clove hitch on bight
The clove hitch or clove on a bight may be fine for playing games I wouldn't like to see it used as an ascending knot.

The hitch would tend to roll everytime you set it.

There are many proven hitches to use, what is the purpose of trying to make some other hitch work?

Strong limbs and single ropes!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
18 years 11 months ago - 18 years 11 months ago #125126 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Clove hitch on bight

Originally posted by Tom Dunlap

There are many proven hitches to use, what is the purpose of trying to make some other hitch work?

It's always good to try new things and see if you can come up with something BETTER than what's out there;)

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
18 years 11 months ago - 18 years 11 months ago #125127 by Tom Dunlap
Replied by Tom Dunlap on topic Clove hitch on bight
It's always good to try new things and see if you can come up with something BETTER than what's out there;)

love
nick [/quote]

True, but it seems like starting with a clove hitch is a little shakey~~~A tautline is a clove hitch with more round turns.

Strong limbs and single ropes!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
18 years 11 months ago - 18 years 11 months ago #125128 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Clove hitch on bight

Originally posted by Tom Dunlap

love
nick

True, but it seems like starting with a clove hitch is a little shakey~~~A tautline is a clove hitch with more round turns. [/quote]

Tom, do you wanna take this outside? As in, hang a rope from the tree and try it out!!! :D

You're right though, I shy away from variations from the tautline (minus the distel).

love
nick, the feisty one

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds