• Sokitts
  • Sokitts's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
15 years 8 months ago #131903 by Sokitts
Where is everyone ? was created by Sokitts
Hi,

what has happened to everyone? I have only seen one person on the website since I registered a week ago. I am from England and I think everyone else lives the other side of the world so when I am posting stuff everyone is asleep. can someone tell me if that is true or not?

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #131904 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:Where is everyone ?
Hello Sokitts and welcome to the TCI board!
I just came back from a three week \"sabatical\" in Venezuela where I had the opportunity to climb with a new climber friend (Edison Pombilio) where we had the opportunity to climb a nice tree in the City of San Felipe in the Estate of Yaracuy. We had fun until a strong thunderstorm with lighting chased us out of the tree but so is life in the wild tropical Forests!:laugh:

No big records were broken but we had a good time and I hand delivered a brand new rope to Edison who was very happy to actually own an Arborist rope now! He was climbing on static lines used for his rock climbing and caving schools. Edison is a \"tourist guide\" and takes foreing visitors in long hikes along the local jungles and on tree climbing expeditions. A Nice friend to have. If you are ever in Venezuela give him a call.
see the foto;
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by oldtimer. Reason: Make correction to photo post & spelling

More
15 years 8 months ago #131906 by freeb
Replied by freeb on topic Re:Where is everyone ?
hi james i know how you feel i am also in england when i get on there isnt anyone else on here. so where abouts in uk are ya i am from gloucestershire ive not been climbing long about 6 months so its all still a bit scary do you climb as a hobby or are you one of the lucky ones who does it for a living.

More
15 years 8 months ago #131910 by michaeljspraggon
Replied by michaeljspraggon on topic Re:Where is everyone ?
Hi everyone. I'm also from England (Oxfordshire). I've been climbing trees for 25 years and appear on this board quite often. However I've had problems getting into the TCI website these last couple of weeks and have only just been able to get in again.

(As far as I know there are a handful of climbers from England who visit this board from time to time)

Tell us a bit about yourselves. Have you climbed for long? What equipment do you use (if any)? How high do you go? Do you know anyone else in England who climbs trees? etc. etc....

It's after 1 a.m. in England now so I'm off to bed!

Goodnight.

Michael

More
15 years 7 months ago #131949 by treeweasel
Replied by treeweasel on topic Re:Where is everyone ?
Just for some heads up.

In order to see OldTimer's pic I had to type in the following URL without any brackets[]:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3136/2729258095_4b103f7d5d_m.jpg

After hitting return I went to \"Flickr\" website and poof! There was the pic.

Perhaps everyone already knows this but I learned something today!

TW

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds