we need info

• GAClimber
  • GAClimber's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #131778 by GAClimber
we need info was created by GAClimber
My wife and four kids have just purchesd all our gear to climb trees. I use to climb for historic tree preservation in ga 8 yrs ago and really missed it. I am trying to get more familys involved in this and away from video games,t.v.,etc.
We need any info on good places,state parks, in north ga that wont mind a few climbers in training. We were looking at red top mountain state park and thinking about stoping at panola mountain July 6-12.

Thank you for your help!
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by GAClimber.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #131779 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re: Climbing In North GA
Hello GAClimber, Welcome. Try to get in Touch with Jody Rice at Panola State Park and he knows all the good state owned locations and where to get the proper permits to get climbing with your family. Peter Jenkins at TCI for sure can give you some pointers on safe trees that the entire family would enjoy. Also Abe Winters at TCUSA have several location where they conduct monthly climbs in GA that he can advise on other contacts he may have. You are in the right place since there are more Recreational Tree Climbers in GA than in most other places in the states (just my guess) REC climbing is also most accepted in that part of the country because they have been shown the benefits for a longer time than in places like where I live where the most common comment is \"Are you cutting that tree?\" Also search the upcoming events area to see what is going on in your area and keep an eye on other announcements posted here.
Take care and hope this is helpful. If you need help contacting any of those people send me PM or do a search for their names on this site.
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by oldtimer.

More
15 years 9 months ago #131801 by jerseygirl
Replied by jerseygirl on topic Re:we need info
Chattahoochee national forest - there are plenty of trees up here - in the White and lumpkin county area

you are always welcome to ask - Nix Bridge park - and Bolding mill park have several that i climb

• GAClimber
  • GAClimber's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
15 years 9 months ago #131824 by GAClimber
Replied by GAClimber on topic Re: Climbing In North GA
Got in touch with Jody and I guess panola is not a place to just climb any old time,only during open climbs with groups/class. We wound up going to Red Top Mountain state park found a nice spot off the road close to the cottages. We climbed a black gum tree, then it poured the majority of the week. Make plans as much as you want, mother nature has plans of her on. Still made a lot of memories - appreciate all your help!

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds