\"Ax Men?\"

• Longfellow
  • Longfellow's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
15 years 11 months ago #131462 by Longfellow
\"Ax Men?\" was created by Longfellow
Has anyone seen the History Channel show \"Ax Men\"? If so I'd be interested to hear what people think. I'm going to reserve my comments until I've gotten some replies mainly because I don't want to influence the discussion. My guess is that there are numerous views on this show and we should talk about it.

One of my colleagues and I had a discussion about the show and we both agree that the average citizen doesn't always know the distinction between Arborists and Loggers. As an example,when I tell people that I get involved with tree climbing competitions I almost always get asked \"You mean like lumberjack competitions?\" So people think we're lumberjacks.

Longfellow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #131472 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Re:\"Ax Men?\"
I have had people confuse climbing competitions with those of lumberjacks too. I think that stems from the fact that arborist competitions get no TV airing time- the subject has yet to be presented to the public. You would think it would be just as interesting to weatch than loggers spiking up a skinned pole. These
logger competitions have heavy sponsorships, like Shihl ans Husky. It might be just a lack of sponsorships why arborist competitions are not promoted and shown on TV.

Do you know when Ax Men will show again on the History channel?

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
15 years 11 months ago #131481 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:\"Ax Men?\"
I just came back from seeing the Texas Tree Climbing Competitors In Fort Worth over the weekend and it was a lot of fun to see those guys doing what they do on a daily basics just for fun and to compete with fellow Arborists.
It was a lot of fun and it still had sponsorship but it is not thrilling enough for TV. It is kind of like watching golf the guy hitting the ball is having fun the rest are just following along to rub elbows with the Masters.
The kids climbing activities enjoyed a large number of participants ( Tom Dunlap) was one of the volunteers.
Overall everyone had a fun time at a very low cost ( free entrance! how cool is that).

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds