The purpose of this forum

• pattyjenkins
  • pattyjenkins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 3 months ago - 19 years 3 months ago #124715 by pattyjenkins
The purpose of this forum was created by pattyjenkins
This forum is a place where participants can discuss topics other than trees or tree climbing. Remember: The rules of this message board prohibit the posting of marketing or sales links or other messages that are not suitable for a readership of all ages. Please use your customary good taste and common sense!
Patty and Peter Jenkins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago - 19 years 3 months ago #124725 by jimw
Replied by jimw on topic The purpose of this forum
Patty and Peter--

For clarification, could you explain more about the prohibition of "posting of marketing or sales links?" I'm not sure what that might include.

For example, if I find a good price on an item, is it okay to post a link to that site or provide the vendor's name? What if that vendor is my cousin? What if it is my own company?

I sincerely am seeking clarification.

Peace.

Jim

More
19 years 3 months ago - 19 years 3 months ago #124728 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Clarification
Thanks for your good question, Jim. Our messsage board has always had a policy of not allowing links to marketing or sales sites. We do not want TCI's message board to become a venue for advertising or sales. If we do set up a marketing page in the future on TCI's website, our clients would have to pay in some way for an ad or a link.

If you have an item which you think others would be interested in, please just say something like, "I found a really good _________ at a really good price. If you're interested, please U2U me." This seems like a good solution for now. If we get a whole lot of this type of activity and people start complaining, we may have to tighten up.
Hope this answers it--if not, please feel free to keep up the conversation.
Patty and Peter

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
19 years 3 months ago - 19 years 3 months ago #124733 by jimw
Replied by jimw on topic The purpose of this forum
P&P--

Thanks--seems to me to be a very good way to do it!

Peace.

Jim

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds