Newb Looking for input for saddle choices.

• davevw3
  • davevw3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 7 months ago #139806 by davevw3
Hey everyone,

I am brand new to climbing, we have a decent wood lot and took a tree climbing course. My wife is all set up and climbing. She’s using the New Tribe Tengu and gives it a 7/10. I am heavier set and am looking at saddles with more adjustability. Ive bought a petzl chest harness to help keep me up right as this was a significant issue during my course.

Ive narrowed my choices to the petzl sequoia, New tribe onyx, or New tribe monkey beaver. There’s only one place to try the sequoia. There are no places to try on the new tribe saddles, and would have to order them blind through the U.S. What are your thoughts and opinions.

Thank you, Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #139807 by patty
Replied by patty on topic Newb Looking for input for saddle choices.
Hi Dave,
Treeman says to go for the Monkey Beaver. It has a wider back pad which will give you more support.
Patty

More
2 years 4 months ago #139837 by FrankgoBiloba
Replied by FrankgoBiloba on topic Newb Looking for input for saddle choices.
Hey Dave! Id second Patty and Treemans recommendation on the monkey beaver. I use the Sequoia at work and it is very minimal support wise. I have the tengu at home and even in its light frame it has far more support in its thicker and wider pads than the Sequoia. I’m pretty sure we used the monkey beavers at the TCI class and they were super supportive while still allowing for flexibility and dexterity in the tree. Happy climbing!

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds