Greetings from Sandy Cape Cod, MA!

• Bittersweet
  • Bittersweet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #137806 by Bittersweet
Greetings from Sandy Cape Cod, MA! was created by Bittersweet
Hello everyone, my name is Cory and I am a new climber hailing from Cape Cod, Massachusetts. I started climbing about a month ago using DRT with self tending dual Blake's hitches, and performed my first top down takedown of a 45' black cherry about a week ago. I currently manage a landscape company, and plan on using this new skill mostly on my own property (which has many trees). Nice to meet everyone, and I apologize in advance for my noob questions!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #137809 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Greetings from Sandy Cape Cod, MA!
Welcome Cory. I'm northwest of Boston but am hoping to schedule a rec climb with a young arborist in Sandwich, he knows of some nice woods Nyssa sylvatica (one of my favorite trees) in his part of the Cape, hopefully we'll make something happen. If you PM your contact info I'll try and set things up.
-AJ

• Bittersweet
  • Bittersweet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #137810 by Bittersweet
Replied by Bittersweet on topic Greetings from Sandy Cape Cod, MA!
Contact info sent, thanks Moss! Tupelo sounds much more user friendly than the leaning windblown stuff I'm used to. The trees get smaller the further out on cape you go due to sandy soil and harsh conditions as well, so I look forward to greater heights.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds