Want to try climbing

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #137388 by hannanguns
Replied by hannanguns on topic Want to try climbing
Hay I am looking at buying my first set of climbing gear and I don't know exactly what I am needing I need to trim trees and also plan to use the same gear for recreational climbing and hunting. I found what I think is a good set at Bartlett for about $515 I'm wondering if someone with experience can look at it and let me know if it will be a good starter kit and if I'm going to need to get any extra parts and pices. I live in Minnesota and work a lot so going to a school to learn to climb is out of the question.

Thanks for taking the time to help me
Phil

https://www.bartlettman.com/mobile/product.asp?itemid=1318
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by hannanguns.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #137395 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Want to try climbing
I recommend looking at the climbing kits on Treestuff.com, there are a bunch of options at varying price points:
Treestuff climbing kits

Scroll all the way down and look at everything.

Two comments on the kit you mention:
1. The Buckingham "ring-ring" cambium saver is complicated to install and remove from the ground, the sleeve type cambium savers (leather or Dan House sleeves) are way easier to install and take out remotely, and they cost much less.
2. The New Tribe Pro Gear, Onyx or Tengu harnesses are much much more comfortable than the basic Weaver harness. Harness comfort is important, you're going to spend a lot of time in it.

Good luck,
-AJ
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by moss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds