• lamxuyen
  • lamxuyen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #138205 by lamxuyen
Is TCI good for me ? was created by lamxuyen
Hi everyone !

First i must ask you to apologize me for my bad english. I'm french so I hope you'll understand that I'm something like geneticly unable to practice a foreign language without mistakes. ;)

I'm about to change radicaly my actual life style for finding back my half : nature.
I used to work as "social animator" for children, tennagers and adults. I also used to do so through kayaking. That was many years ago, since my path changed and made me actually a telecom technician, wathever, jailed in one of the biggest european metropole. I could take it until now because it allowed me to trip during holydays, especially in tropical places, and since some years diving.
I plan my escape... I need to multiply professionnal habilitys adapted to my future environment : natural tropical places under and above sea surface.

I like highs as much as deeps and I practiced it a little through some of my works and occasional funs like Asco valley's via ferrata in Corsica, wich I strongly recomand. It rocks.
Climbing rocks or trees is an important and usefull hability for my project.

So thinking about all that, making searchs, I learned that I must learn modern tree climbing and obtain legal diplomas needed in the country I'll live. And looking for that I've found Tree Climbing France, and TCI of course.
"The more united humen are, stronger they get" would say some Yoda. Being member of a professional network can be rewarding for the member as for the network. But it can be a pain in the... for both too. It depends on who's who.

Anyway, that's an option to consider. But hey this is a "lifetime membership" we are talking about. ;)
I presume that like any contract this could have an end anyway but I'm not afraid by such a commitment. What I need to know is what TCI members think of the dynamism and strengh of their organisation, and explain the way they feel it will become so I could have a better view of the eventuality of joining it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #138242 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Is TCI good for me ?

lamxuyen wrote: Hi everyone !

First i must ask you to apologize me for my bad english. I'm french so I hope you'll understand that I'm something like geneticly unable to practice a foreign language without mistakes. ;)

I'm about to change radicaly my actual life style for finding back my half : nature.
I used to work as "social animator" for children, tennagers and adults. I also used to do so through kayaking. That was many years ago, since my path changed and made me actually a telecom technician, wathever, jailed in one of the biggest european metropole. I could take it until now because it allowed me to trip during holydays, especially in tropical places, and since some years diving.
I plan my escape... I need to multiply professionnal habilitys adapted to my future environment : natural tropical places under and above sea surface.

I like highs as much as deeps and I practiced it a little through some of my works and occasional funs like Asco valley's via ferrata in Corsica, wich I strongly recomand. It rocks.
Climbing rocks or trees is an important and usefull hability for my project.

So thinking about all that, making searchs, I learned that I must learn modern tree climbing and obtain legal diplomas needed in the country I'll live. And looking for that I've found Tree Climbing France, and TCI of course.
"The more united humen are, stronger they get" would say some Yoda. Being member of a professional network can be rewarding for the member as for the network. But it can be a pain in the... for both too. It depends on who's who.

Anyway, that's an option to consider. But hey this is a "lifetime membership" we are talking about. ;)
I presume that like any contract this could have an end anyway but I'm not afraid by such a commitment. What I need to know is what TCI members think of the dynamism and strengh of their organisation, and explain the way they feel it will become so I could have a better view of the eventuality of joining it.

The TCI leadership is strong. Many instructors have trained with TCI and have built climbing communities where they are located. There are too many too mention but Tim Kovar is a stellar example, he has built his own teaching and facilitating organization Tree Climbing Planet and is carrying forth from his TCI foundations.

When I first joined TCI approx 15 years ago there was a very active online community of tree climbers. After my initial Basic Course TCI training the online community was a great help as I advanced my skills. Currently there is not strong activity on the recreational tree climbing discussion forums in general. Many climbers now post photos and climb reports on Facebook. Nothing wrong with that but FB lacks the continuity which allows for extended and retrievable conversations about the many aspects and subjects around rope and harness tree climbing.

I relate to your path, I worked in the software industry for many years, I finally bailed out and work primarily as an arborist now. Making that change has probably saved my life, I was grinding myself down to nothing working longs hours indoors in the tech environment. A relationship with nature and therefore your true self can be found in tree climbing. I urge you to move forward in your quest, here are some excellent climbers and teachers in France, I hope you can link up with them in some way. Feel free to continue the conversation here or PM me for further discussion as well.
-AJ
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by moss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds