Are cemetery trees safe?

• steve-o
  • steve-o's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 8 months ago #138172 by steve-o
Are cemetery trees safe? was created by steve-o
I was in an old cemetery yesterday and noticed all of the nice old maple and oak trees just wanting to be climbed. My question is are these trees generally safe due to all of the root disturbing activity that goes on? I'm imagining a lot of root damage from all those pesky 6 foot deep holes. Most of the graves were 30 to 150 years old.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #139700 by jimsmiths
Replied by jimsmiths on topic Are cemetery trees safe?

steve-o wrote: I was in an old cemetery yesterday and noticed all of the nice old maple and oak trees just wanting to be climbed. My question is are these trees generally safe due to all of the root disturbing activity that goes on? I'm imagining a lot of root damage from all those pesky 6 foot deep holes. purple. wildflower click Most of the graves were 30 to 150 years old.

If the cemetery's guidelines allow you to plant a tree, think carefully about placement and consider how large the tree will eventually grow. ... Some cemeteries that forbid gravesite plantings by families will allow you to purchase a shrub or tree in a separate area of the cemetery in remembrance of your loved one.
Touching monuments or headstones is extremely disrespectful and in some cases, may cause damage. For example, some older memorials might be in disrepair and could fall apart under the slightest touch. Be sure to walk in between the headstones, and don't stand on top of a burial place. Be respectful of other mourners

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds