Michoacán

• Jawbone
  • Jawbone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 1 month ago #138041 by Jawbone
Michoacán was created by Jawbone
I’m looking to buy a new rope and eye & eye to use with the Michoacán friction hitch. I’ll be using it with the hitch climber. I’ve read where certain climbing lines and friction cord don’t work well together. What rope and friction cord combination are you guys having success with and also what length of cord seems to work best for you? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #138043 by Greenluck
Replied by Greenluck on topic Michoacán
One of my favorite combos is Yale Blaze or Yale Bandit (11mm) and 8mm Bee Line. It seems to always grab when you need it to without any fussing. This combo works great with a distel or XT hitch. I keep coming back to this combo after trying others.

I also like 8mm Ocean Poly on 9mm or 10mm PMI EzBend. I've found OCEAN poly does have a break-in period before it begins to grab reliability. OCEAN Poly is the longest lasting hitch cord I've tried that's reasonably priced.

If you're on the fence about which hitch cord to get (10mm vs. 8mm)you might want to check out 9mm RIT cord which seems to work on everything under the sun including 11mm Blaze or Bandit or 11.5mm Tachyon.

I have used 30" sewn eye hitch cords for years, but lately I've been experimenting with 28", 26" and 24" to keep my hitches more compact. If you new to climbing I would stick with 30" as it gives the user more length to fine tune the hitch with more wraps, braids or twists.

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #138045 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Michoacán
Excellent suggestions by Greenluck
-AJ

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds