Working class @ rendezvous

• tsherrill
  • tsherrill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125718 by tsherrill
Working class @ rendezvous was created by tsherrill
Any working class tree folks out there going to the Tree Climber's Rendezvous at Oregon Caves National Monument? I sure hope so, this will be one of those rare opportunities to commune with big trees and fellow huggers that you simply shouldn't pass up. I'm flying in Thursday night with the 2005 ITCC men's div winner Dan Kraus of Wash state. If you plan to attend, I'll look forward to a little catch up, hopefully even some nap-time above the forest floor. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125719 by TreeTramp
Replied by TreeTramp on topic Working Class Climbers?
I will be the first to admit that climbing with the Masters among the ancient trees is why I am going to Oregon with my daughter. The canopy holds special treats for us all and those who climb trees are all really cool people.

I know that Tom Dunlap is going to talk and now that you add Dan Kraus and Tobe it looks like all levels will be represented. Last time I saw Dan he had a foot cast on and his fun father was up the Bogachiel Spruce tree for days.

Sophia and Vi's crew at NewTribe can really put on a good party.

Tim Kovar and Peter Jenkins are the tops; and Patty can make anyone joyful.

No one dances better than Genevieve.

Scott is better than Spiderman.

Harv's voice is so peaceful he could settle a tempest.

And I am just plan old Rec. climber with cool toys always looking for new tricks.

Lets get this party started!

See you at the top,
Dan House

More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125720 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Talk about great!
My, MY!! This is shaping up to be THE recreational tree climbing event. If anyone is reading this message and has not yet signed up, now is the time to make your reservations. The movers and shakers of tree climbing will be there in person. It does not matter what skill level you are at or whether you are self taught, make time for this event and come ready to share what you know with others who will be willing to share as well.

Great to hear you are coming Tobe! Tobe, owner of Sherrill Arborist Supply, will no doubt have the Tree Frog System we are all eager to see. I have a personal request Tobe. Please bring a few of your new things, like telescoping reach tool, line tamer, 2.2 Zing It, Poison Ivy (11.5 mm) rope and CMI Expedition ascenders. I have also personally always wanted to see the Rope Guide (fancy friction saving device). These are all new things many have not seen in the flesh and would like to see. Don’t be shy. This is an event for sharing.

Dan Kraus- talk about a great guy! Dan, the new world climbing champion, won the title as a flawless “nuts and bolts” climber. Word has it that his basic approach to tree climbing won out above more high tech climbing technique approaches to the contest. You would never know he was a champion climber in his good nature to everyone. No high brow with this fellow, just down to earth friendly. Way to go Dan!!! Your time has finally arrived!!!!!

The word for this gathering is SHARING. Bring out your gadgets. Bring out your techniques. And by all means bring out your laughing face. This is going to be great!

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

• pattyjenkins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125722 by pattyjenkins
Replied by pattyjenkins on topic Working class @ rendezvous
And never let anybody forget that Dan House has to be one of the sweetest guys to ever climb a tree. ALWAYS a pleasure to be around.
Looking forward to seeing/meeting everybody at the September gig!
Patty

More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125723 by Tom Dunlap
Replied by Tom Dunlap on topic Working class @ rendezvous
I've got bubbles!!!

This is going to be a roadtrip for me. I'm glad I got the new Buzz-Mobile for hauling all of my gear :)

Strong limbs and single ropes!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125726 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Power bubbles that is.
Tom, you failed to mention you have power bubbles. Now how many climbers do you know that have the force of power bubbles? I had to make you quit at the ISA kids climb. They proved too strong a force on kid's concentration. I have no idea how they will direct the more adult -like minds. Maybe you could clue us in. I know you have experience in this field.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125727 by Tom Dunlap
Replied by Tom Dunlap on topic Working class @ rendezvous
When I got back to Dallas I went shopping for more bubble guns. They were all gone but I got a Laurence Welk-style bubble machine. This is mondo, runs on six AA batteries! This will fill the sky with bubbles and the hearts of everyone with joy :)

Strong limbs and single ropes!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125734 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Working class @ rendezvous
Tom, have you seen super-bubbles? I just discovered these things this summer. After a few seconds in the air, they harden and you can hold them in your hands. You can blow them on a pine tree and they will fill the whole tree without popping! They are quite cool!

love
nick, who hopes, hopes, hopes he can be there!

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• pattyjenkins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125743 by pattyjenkins
Replied by pattyjenkins on topic Working class @ rendezvous
Nick, are your super bubbles bio-D?

Patty

More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125744 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Working class @ rendezvous

Originally posted by Patty Jenkins
Nick, are your super bubbles bio-D?

Patty

I was thinking the same thing, I'd hate to see a murrelet or spotted owl or even a climber trapped inside one. Is there an approved rescue protocol for removing a climber from an arboreal perma bubble? I'm sure a pin would be an essential tool but the rigging might be a challenge.
-moss

More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125745 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Working class @ rendezvous
Good question. I don't remember if it's biodegradable (almost everything is, isn't it?). I do remember that they were non-toxic (ie- little kids would be okay if they ate them) and they are water-soluble. I tried finding info on them on google, but I can't remember their official name.

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds