• jimk123
  • jimk123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 4 months ago - 19 years 4 months ago #124592 by jimk123
Innovation was created by jimk123
After clicking on the Tree Climbing Japan link for 18 months, the link finally worked and took me to the website. To my amazement, I saw the most recent advancement in climbing - the helmet ascender as worn by Treeman.

Where can I buy one? Do I have to take a class to use it? Does it have a name?

Regards,
JimK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago - 19 years 4 months ago #124590 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic
That's the coolest! Talk about efficiency!

Why didn't I ever think of that? :(

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
19 years 4 months ago - 19 years 4 months ago #124594 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic We all need to be straightened out!
My mother always said I needed to be straightened out. I was an ADHD kid (back then a “slow learner”) that climbed trees to be in my own little world. I had this reoccurring dream where my mother’s voice kept telling me to straighten out. This system does just that.

Technique- ease in to the system. No shock loading! Thy MUST have sturdy chinstraps or suffer……..ehhhhhhhhh…..an embarrassing situation. Oh yes. You must use a line that does not equal your climbing rope diameter. Arms must be flexible for high reach, and upward motion must be fluid, unless the chiropractor prescribed otherwise.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

More
19 years 4 months ago - 19 years 4 months ago #124595 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic
So do you use the helmet ascender for just back up? Or is it the primary means for ascending? Your neck muscles gotta be huge!

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
19 years 4 months ago - 19 years 4 months ago #124597 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic Scoliosis therepy
I was born with scoliosis- curvature of the spine-for real. I had terrible posture problems as a child. I wore a back brace- just like Forest Gump (the movie). I took a lot of heat as a child- I was odd- uhhhh- in many ways. Tree climbing with rope and harness developed my back muscles to such a great degree that the muscles alone pulled my back into alignment- as proved by x-ray examinations long ago at the chiropractor. This is all true.

So the technique pictured is for rehab purposes. We all need a little rehab, from time to time, no? Psychological equilibrium is usually automatically readjusted by the climbing event alone. Am I being too technical here? I never use it as a primary ascending method. Too much rehab can thwart one’s mind, that’s my theory. Oh yes- my neck size is a bit large. I have to be careful with sizing when shopping for button up shirts- which is rare indeed.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds