People laugh at the new TCI t-shirt

• treeman
  • treeman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
19 years 6 months ago - 19 years 6 months ago #124066 by treeman
People laugh at the new TCI t-shirt was created by treeman
Why do people laugh at me when I wear my new TCI T-shirt? Because the front of the shirt says in BIG letters- GET HIGH/CLIMB TREES. We used to mutter this slogan with little letters you had to be close to read but NOW WE SHOUT IT!!

I have to admit it is fun seeing folks smiling and laughing at me as people walk towards me in public. People even stop me now and ask what’s up.

I have used my glasses mounted rear view mirror (common with bicyclists) to check out folks as I walk by. Yep! Lots of double takes and turn arounds. An added bonus is that folks don’t know you are seeing them in the mirror. Reflected observation via mirror does not carry the psychological notification signals that a direct stare brings. Very James Bond-ish!

The back of the shirt has a large TCI logo with a web site address. Great news for that closet climber T-shirt reader who wants to know more about an activity they may feel is old school or something only kids do these days.

Order a shirt online today! Be a bit off center or off the beaten track as you wear it. But be prepared for a lot of smiles and some interesting questions.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago - 19 years 6 months ago #124073 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic People laugh at the new TCI t-shirt
Where do we see what one looks like?

I heard that everyone on this website who has more than 50 posts gets free shipping. Is that true?! :D

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• wildbill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 6 months ago - 19 years 6 months ago #124077 by wildbill
Replied by wildbill on topic People laugh at the new TCI t-shirt
I think everybody with 50 or more posts should get the t-shirt for free, along with free postage, as a token of Treeman's appreciation for our literary efforts on this website.

More
19 years 6 months ago - 19 years 6 months ago #124078 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Tee Shirt Looks
I visited New Mexico last week and wore my two new "Get High" Tee Shirts. Many of my camper friends were very impressed and asked all types of questions about climbing. They never heard of tree climbing as a fun activity. You guys did a great job w/ the design It looks nice and very comfortable to wear. Have not seen any pictures from the Nebraska Rendezvous What 's up w/that?
:-)

More
19 years 6 months ago - 19 years 6 months ago #124082 by tengu12
Replied by tengu12 on topic Nebr. photos
Here are a few picts. from the Nebr. rendezvous, it was posted last week under the announcements thread. Enjoy!! We all had a treemendous time, hope you can join us next year. A report about the rendezvous is in the making.

http://homepage.mac.com/treekster/rtcr/PhotoAlbum15.html

Keep-Balance
Tim 'tengu' Kovar

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds