sterling chain reactor p.a.s. would it work ?

• crsp
  • crsp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 1 month ago #138003 by crsp
while thumbing around tree stuff i ran across this sterling chain reactor personal anchor system (p.a.s.) this jogged my memory about having one in my rock gear, as a static anchor it is great but my question is would this work to tether my hitch climber set up (cmi double connect mic pulley) off my rope bridge to give me some more pull room on accent, then i can bring it back in to the bridge to climb in canopy.

https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=21&item=1867#

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #138004 by moss
Cool piece of gear, it's rated at 14kn so it's not up to snuff for a primary tie-in/attachment. I would recommend a simple sling runner for the use you describe, many different lengths available, typically you can get them rated 20-21kn.
-AJ

• crsp
  • crsp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 1 month ago #138005 by crsp
thanks, that was my main concern. Just ordered a runner rated 21kn and we'll see how that works out.

More
6 years 1 week ago #138037 by Treedude22
Replied by Treedude22 on topic sterling chain reactor p.a.s. would it work ?
Not to muddy the waters, but, well I am gunna do it anyway! The load rating for a chain reactor depends on configuration. End to end and basket it fails to meet ANSI Z 133 standards. (not to quote pro jargon, but it does give a good baseline for general safety) In a choked configuration it exceeds the standard.

Moss is entirely correct in recommending loop runner for this application (function over form). However, do not dismiss a piece of gear without understanding the concepts behind the application. That, in essence, is the beauty of the climb.

Tony
The following user(s) said Thank You: crsp

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds