An alternative of throwbag

• chiutai
  • chiutai's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
8 years 8 months ago #137433 by chiutai
An alternative of throwbag was created by chiutai
This is my throwbag in use made from used bike tyre and pebble. The advantage is when the pebble is jammed in branches, by hard pulling, the throw line is released, reducing the possibility of a broken line, and besides, to install it is easy for securing the line to climbing rope.
please comment.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #137437 by moss
Replied by moss on topic An alternative of throwbag
Yet another argument for wearing a helmet while throwing ;-)

If you look at the soft fabric throwbags typically used by tree climbers you'll see that the ring/eye is attached on the narrow end of the throwbag. This optimizes the the ability of the bag to slide through tight spots in the tree. You have the throwline attached at the center of the stone which will cause it wedge tight like a grapple hook when you try to pull the bag through a narrow space.

Another reason the weighted fabric throwbags are so popular is that the soft bag dampens ricochet when you're throwing. A hard throwing device tends to bounce much more when it hits a limb or branch.

The rock works but it will create problems for you. You can make a decent fabric throwbag with a short piece of tubular webbing filled with metal shot, you can sew or glue the ends.
-AJ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tree-D

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #137451 by yoyoman
Replied by yoyoman on topic An alternative of throwbag
Reminds me of when I was using potatoes to practice with my bigshot. ;-)
Not a bad back up when you run out of real throwbags, plus they are eco friendly and don't put you in the hospital when they hit you. ;-)
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by yoyoman.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds