rigging plate

• amigo_dreamer
  • amigo_dreamer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #133330 by amigo_dreamer
rigging plate was created by amigo_dreamer
So where or how would I go about sewing in a rigging plate to the saddle insted of using a carabiner to attach it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #133331 by Baker
Replied by Baker on topic Re:rigging plate
First: Welcome Amigo_Dreamer!

Next: STOP! YOU should never install that sort of thing yourself. Peter's Paw and others like it are custom sewn into saddles at the New Tribe factory. I'm not saying you can't have one, you can if you order your saddle that way. You should NEVER remove stitching and restitch a harness. That plate is your saddles direct connection to the rope and it's all that will keep you from falling to the ground from a far greater height than you would want to.

Remember too, that having such a device sewn into a saddle disables it's ability to be opened up all the way to put it on over oversize clothing or added layers in colder weather. A saddle with a sewn plate must be donned by sliding it up over the hips rather than placing it around the waste like a belt. This reduces wearing options considerably. It also makes purchasing the saddle a bit more difficult - especially if you are ordering online or over the phone. You must be much more precise about the size you choose.
Last edit: 15 years 2 weeks ago by Baker.

• amigo_dreamer
  • amigo_dreamer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #133332 by amigo_dreamer
Replied by amigo_dreamer on topic Re:rigging plate
Definatly! I would never try that myself! I Just watched the video that Tree climbers int. offers and I liked how he has his saddle set up.
Thanks for the Welcome:) !! Im sure to be on here alot more asking more q's! My sister lives in Atlanta and im hoping to get some tree time soon!

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #133333 by Baker
Replied by Baker on topic Re:rigging plate
I panicked! The wording of your original question led me to believe that you wanted to do this yourself!

Talk to the good folks at New Tribe. they're great about building custom rigs for folks - within reason;)

http://www.newtribe.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=32

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #133334 by Davej
Replied by Davej on topic Re:rigging plate
amigo_dreamer wrote:

So where or how would I go about sewing in a rigging plate to the saddle instead of using a carabiner to attach it?

I wonder if you could simply use a very short loop of climbing rope tied with a double fisherman's? Either way I'd be nervous if the plate hole didn't have very rounded edges.

P.S. aren't we in the wrong forum for this?
Last edit: 15 years 2 weeks ago by Davej.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds