New items from Petzl

• Baker
  • Baker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
15 years 3 months ago #133100 by Baker
New items from Petzl was created by Baker
New products to be released by Petzl this year.

Petzl AscenTree -Tree Climbers Ascender

The Petzl AscenTree is designed for ascending single or double ropes in trees or structures using the \"footlock\" technique, with two PANTIN foot ascenders, using footloop foot stirups.
# Ergonomic molded handle allows a comfortable yet powerful grip
# Cam is totally integrated into the body of the rope clamp to prevent rubbing
# Large handles can be used with thick gloves
# Lower holes for connecting a SPELEGYCA lanyard and installing a FOOTPRO foot loop with a quick link
# Upper holes through which a carabiner attaches the device to the rope (useful for back-up belays or hauling)

Technical specifications
# For use on ropes between 8 and 13 mm in diameter
# Certification: CE
# Individually tested
# Weight: 390 g

Redesigned I'D -

Available April 15th
The new 2009 Petzl I'D is a self breaking descender with an anti-panic function for working on fixed ropes. The new version has a new handle which allows easier movement over horizontal or low angle terrain.

• Designed for rescue: lacks a gate
• Multi-functional handle allows the user to:
- unblock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the braking side of the rope
- move more easily on horizontal or low-angle terrain thanks to the button on the handle
- to position himself while on the rope
• Anti-panic function is engaged if the user pulls too hard on the handle: the pivoting cam is released and automatically brakes to stop the descent
• Anti-error safety cam to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope. The shape of the cam is designed to improve rope glide during an ascent.
• Pivoting cam makes it easier to take up the slack in the rope Can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTPRO footloop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp).
• For ropes between 10 and 11.5 mm in diameter
• Certification: CE EN 341 Class A, NFPA 1983 G
• Individually tested
• Weight: 530 g

Redesigned I'D Large -

Available April 15th
The new 2009 Petzl I'D is a self breaking descender with an anti-panic function for working on fixed ropes. The new version has a new handle which allows easier movement over horizontal or low angle terrain.

• Designed for rescue: lacks a gate
• Multi-functional handle allows the user to:
- unblock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the braking side of the rope
- move more easily on horizontal or low-angle terrain thanks to the button on the handle
- to position himself while on the rope
• Anti-panic function is engaged if the user pulls too hard on the handle: the pivoting cam is released and automatically brakes to stop the descent
• Anti-error safety cam to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope. The shape of the cam is designed to improve rope glide during an ascent.
• Pivoting cam makes it easier to take up the slack in the rope Can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTPRO footloop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp).
• For ropes between 11.5 and 13 mm in diameter
• Certification: CE EN 341 Class A, NFPA 1983 G
• Individually tested
• Weight: 530 g

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #133115 by Davej
Replied by Davej on topic Re:New items from Petzl
I've heard people rave about how nice the I'D is to operate, but I don't see one in my future. How about an ATC or Grigri for 13mm?
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Davej.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds