Slingshot from Deluth Trading Company

• Culinarytracker
  • Culinarytracker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #132361 by Culinarytracker
Slingshot from Deluth Trading Company was created by Culinarytracker
I came across this slingshot in the catalog today, and thought it just about looked perfect for an in tree throwline launcher.
The ball holding area on the bottom could even be used for a reel.

Here is the products web site as well.
Ball Launcher

And this was my first attempt at posting a picture on this group, so I hope I got it all worked out :)

Carl
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 years 6 months ago by Culinarytracker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #132362 by Baker
Replied by Baker on topic Re:Slingshot from Deluth Trading Company
I like that catalog. They have great work clothes.

From the pic, it looks like a cros between the folding and nonfolding Marksman unit. Interesting. Lots of possibilities for reel mounting and, it looks like it folds.

Guess it's up to you to do the legwork and testing for us!

More
15 years 6 months ago #132365 by Davej
Replied by Davej on topic Re:Slingshot from Deluth Trading Company
Baker wrote:

From the pic, it looks like a cros between the folding and nonfolding Marksman unit. Interesting. Lots of possibilities for reel mounting and, it looks like it folds.

I haven't had any spare time yet to work on my Walmart slingshot. I need to get some 2\" webbing and make a few bags. Are these handheld slingshots more useful on the ground or up in the tree and how many throwlines do you normally carry?

More
15 years 6 months ago #132392 by michaeljspraggon
Replied by michaeljspraggon on topic Re:Slingshot from Deluth Trading Company
I just bought a slingshot here in England but I now need a reel mounting. Does anyone have any photos of the king of set up that works best. I presume there is some kind of handle to to wind the reel back in? Is it just a spindle (onto which a plastic fishing reel can be fitted) with a winding handle that can be disengaged when firing the line?

I also read about an auto rewind setup but I suspect the resistance of this unit would only make it suitable for high powered crossbows.

I just need some info to get started and I'll be able to figure the rest out myself!

Thanks,
Michael

• Culinarytracker
  • Culinarytracker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
15 years 6 months ago #132393 by Culinarytracker
Replied by Culinarytracker on topic Re:Slingshot from Deluth Trading Company
I am definitely looking for an IN TREE option for the throw line.

If you have a reel mounted on the slingshot, it would not allow you to use the tail of the throw line to isolate a tie in. I guess you could use a separate length of throw line, but that seems a bit of a hassle.

I currently use about 60' of spectra throw line with a 14 oz weight. I keep them in a line mug hanging from the leg straps accessory loop, and I think I want to keep it that way. Well, I guess I could use a longer line, but that was all I was wanting to cut off of my 200' piece I got originally.

I have been thinking about the \"Line Tamer\" Device to pack it back in the line mug. (That can use up a good bit of time in the tree.)

Has anyone used this tool?

Carl

More
15 years 6 months ago #132394 by Holden
Replied by Holden on topic Re:Slingshot from Deluth Trading Company
I bought a line tamer. It seemed like a great concept, but I couldn't get it to work. The Zing-it line was too thick (apparently) and the rollers wouldn't spin when I tried to thread it through. I got some thinner line, but even that didn't work well, mostly because the tamer has two speeds: off and very fast.

I'm back to hand-flaking (or using the \"knitting\" wrap that Tim Kovar taught us at an SRT workshop)

More
15 years 6 months ago #132400 by Davej
Replied by Davej on topic Re:Slingshot from Deluth Trading Company
Holden wrote:

I bought a line tamer. It seemed like a great concept, but I couldn't get it to work. The Zing-it line was too thick (apparently)

Good grief. I would think it would come with instructions that would tell you exactly what types and diameters of lines it would work with.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds