Cheap durable rope sleeve

• SRT-Tech
  • SRT-Tech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #129473 by SRT-Tech
Cheap durable rope sleeve was created by SRT-Tech
I made a flexible, inexpensive, and customizable to any length "rope sleeve", that i feel is better than the big bulky leather sleeves.

I basicall took the OUTER cover (polyester) of a bull rope (5/8") and heat sealed the ends, then coated the entire outer surface with GOOP (it was a bit messy doing this, but rubbing the cover with GOOP on both hands worked well). I then slid the cover (after the coating was dry) onto my tree ropes. It stays put when your hoisting your rope up, is easily set into place with a slip knot ont he climbing line. It follows the bends and contours of a limb or turnk quite easily. The Gooped cover grips when your climbing, and the climbign line feeds thru with almost no effort.

cost me nothing. i have an old bull rope, i can make up about 60 of these covers with the outer sheath. RECYCLED and CHEAP!!!

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 weeks ago - 17 years 3 weeks ago #129789 by geofk12
Replied by geofk12 on topic Cheap durable rope sleeve
How about posting a pic?
Are you still using it? How is it holding up?
Geof

• SRT-Tech
  • SRT-Tech's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #130149 by SRT-Tech
Replied by SRT-Tech on topic Cheap durable rope sleeve
i used it for work for a week in a disgustingly pitch ridden pine tree. That poor rope sleeve took a beating, gooped up in pitch, pine needles, dirt. The main part held up well, the ends frayed a bit. But since it was so cheap (recycled) i just tossed it and made another one. my rope stayed a lot cleaner.

no pics...no more camera

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds