My 2 cents on Tree boats

• climber020
  • climber020's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
18 years 2 months ago - 18 years 2 months ago #126944 by climber020
Tree Boats was created by climber020
I would like to purchase one come the spring or summer and I just want some feedback from those that own one. Some questions I have:
Is it easy to install in the tree,
Does it easily sleep 2 people,
Can you hand things inside it with the rain cover over or are there no such attachment points to put a radio or lantern?

Also I problem that is bothering me about tree top camping: a bathroom. I am teaching my girlfriend to climb and she would like to camp out but like many women has an active bladder. If there are any women that post please respond, what do you do when your up there? Men can usually hold it or in worst case senarios "Look out below." Do you bring a bring a special bag up?

Sorry for the weird question but it is a real problem for someone that may wake up 3 times during the night and being 80' in a tree makes going to the bath room an all night affair of going up and down.

See you at the top.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 2 months ago - 18 years 2 months ago #126950 by Electrojake
Replied by Electrojake on topic My 2 cents on Tree boats
Bathroom at height?
Try "TravelJohn"
Works great for male & female alike.

Click on this link and read the thread,
www.tci-forums.com/viewthread.php?tid=612&page=#pid3667

More
18 years 2 months ago - 18 years 2 months ago #126982 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic My 2 cents on Tree boats
My answer to the active female tree bound bladder is http://www.freshette.com/

Is the TB easy to hang in the tree? YES!!!! and NO!!!! Sometimes it only takes 10 minutes. Sometimes it takes an hour of fiddling to get it right. It's all part of the fun. It takes a while because there are so many options...so many ways to tighten and loosen to get it JUST right. I have a hammock that is 11 ounces, takes 2 minutes to set up, only has 2 attachment points, and it comfortable enough. But I'd rather carry the TB. It is THAT worth it.

I've had my TB for about 3 years now and have slept well over 100 nights in it. I love it.

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
18 years 2 months ago - 18 years 2 months ago #126922 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic My 2 cents on Tree boats
I own one for about one year. I have camped in it twice. It was not as easy to set up as a regular South American Hammock with two tie-in-points.

The TB was not as comfortable as I as expected but it was fun to sleep up in the tree. I bough mine on sale from New Tribe for about $150 or so ( I think). Wait until they are on sale to buy yours or see if Sherrill has one on sale sometimes.

I installed a "tent" over the TB in a very cool day here in Texas and it was fun to get creative with it. I would not advise the regular TB for two people unless they are very small and do not mind being squashed togeher all night. They are fun to sit down and hang around in the tree and take short naps kind of stuff. I assume that people like Nick that have done more camping in the TB are better at setting it up. It takes a large amount of space in the tree and the branches have to be in the right places to make it easy to set up.

Over all they are fun to have if you have the money to do it. I have not gotten muy moneys worth of fun in return compared to other climbing gear that I have and use regularly.

Is it easy to install in the tree, (depends on your climbing ability and the tree branch conditions)
Can it sleep two people ( Not in a comfortable manner)
Can you hang things inside it with the rain cover over or are there no such attachment points to put a radio or lantern? I do not have the rain cover but with my "tent Fly" over there is all types of space to hang stuff depending on how creative you are.
Not very easy to get in and out.

Make sure to bring something to unrinate or make sure you go first before you climb in otherwise it is painfull to get out in the middle of the night. Hope this helps you.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds