combination harness?

• ziontree
  • ziontree's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #126023 by ziontree
combination harness? was created by ziontree
I am looking into getting a new harness. I have heard that the ones with leg straps rather than a seat are uncomfortable is this true? The freedom of movement sounds good though. I would like the harness to fit both recreational and work needs. Lightweight but sturdy.
I've been told that the rings(for chainsaws etc) on the back (of buckingham harness) are designed to pull away when under great pressure. This stops you getting pulled down if your saw jams in a falling branch. Are there combination harness with this feature.
Any thoughts?
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #126024 by Tom Dunlap
Replied by Tom Dunlap on topic combination harness?
Leg strap saddles are less restricting you'll find. A decent one won't be uncomfortable. The way the leg straps pinch your groin is a very important issue. There are saddles that have a bad reputation for "crotch bite"

Any gear loops on saddles will break away if loaded too heavily. That isn't unique to any manufacturer, that's an OSHA standard.

Find a vendor that might have a saddle to loan you. Or find a buddy to borrow a saddle from before you buy one. They are a major expense and you can't return them once yoou wear the saddle.

Strong limbs and single ropes!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #126045 by leon123
Replied by leon123 on topic combination harness?
I recommend a New Tribe saddle. They are the most comfortable I have ever tried. I use one of their work saddles and have found it to be extremely durable as well.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds