Here it is! -- New MasterIV w/ Floating D

• charlieb
  • charlieb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125669 by charlieb
OK guys and gals, here it is:
For the first time ever, the Buckingham New Master IV saddle with 'Floating D' Bridge and with three rear tool/pouch slots is attached in the photos.
The bridge is made of Spectra sewn in triple layer across the two lower tie-in loops. It meets safety standards and is similar to the way they formed it on the new Glide saddle. Of course you can still use the three upper tie-in's separately if you choose.
The three rear tool/pouch slots are located one to each side of the rear center and one at the center. On the right side in the photo of the rear, I put in a tool pouch to show to show how it's attached and rides high and tight to the belt. I put a little tag marked "pocket slot" pointing to the center and left side slot positions where you can put in the other pouches, if desired, or whatever else you'd like to use these slots for.
Also you can have the two existing accessory loops(the ones w/ plastic wrapped on them) moved forward so they're not underneath your pouch slots.
This saddle is lighter than the previous versions and is comfortable in the hang.
Personally I also like the fact that the colors, green and black, are also Stealthy!--haha.
Anyway, just thought you all would enjoy the changes that can be had for us arbos and all we have to do now is ask.

Safe climbin.
Charlie Brown.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125670 by moss
Good stuff! Is it called the Master IV Charlie Bridge? Are you going to keep it or are you testing only?
-moss

• charlieb
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125674 by charlieb
Replied by charlieb on topic Here it is! -- New MasterIV w/ Floating D
Thanks Moss.
Eventhough it's a prototype, I must keep it knowing that it work's so well.:D haha.
But seriously, any custom changes they make, makes the product non-returnable, so that was a good question.
Also, I humbly would not want my name attached to the bridge because it was not my original idea and all I did was to negotiate with them, give them compelling reasons and push the solution through by many follow-ups with their dept. heads.
At least now like I said earlier, all anyone has to do is ask for the changes since the ground work has been laid and now they welcome the opportunity to help us all.

Safe climbin.
Charlie Brown.

More
18 years 1 month ago - 18 years 1 month ago #127086 by sitka12
Replied by sitka12 on topic Here it is! -- New MasterIV w/ Floating D
that looks like a great setup. PM'd you some questions. i plan to do something similar. ;)

More
18 years 1 month ago - 18 years 1 month ago #127088 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Nice Pictures
Thanks for the pictures Charlie.
Nice gear set up. Give us some reports after you use the saddle for a while.

More
18 years 1 month ago - 18 years 1 month ago #127141 by sitka12
Replied by sitka12 on topic Here it is! -- New MasterIV w/ Floating D
charlie, my master IV arrived. I decided to use the shackles and bridge from a butterfly and i didnt have a ring so i bought a rock climbing fixe at REI for 3 bucks rated at 50kn. at first i was worried that the connection points of the bridge were too short, but its really quite nice. i got a chance to use it today on a pin-oak prune. it was very comfortable. great saddle all around! :)

• charlieb
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
18 years 1 month ago - 18 years 1 month ago #127149 by charlieb
Very ingenious!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I have especially after it's broken in a little more. I'm still discovering many more versatile uses for the multiple tie-in possibilities. For example, you can have a Rocker backup binered in to the lower tie in or use a rappel stopper knot there as well.
Can't do this with many other saddles.
Keep exploring!

Safe climbin.
Charlie Brown.

• 3climbr
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 1 month ago - 18 years 1 month ago #127151 by 3climbr
Replied by 3climbr on topic Here it is! -- New MasterIV w/ Floating D
It looks like a nice bridge-versatile, but solid. I like the New Tribe harnesses for comfort and weight, but think they need a better bridge. I use a large pear link-and have to "mess with it". I have tried Butterfly with a suspension bridge. It's good. I want to get an Elevation and try multiple tie-ins.

How much does the Master IV cost and what does it weigh? The green and black is nice.

Kindest regards,
Robert

• charlieb
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
18 years 1 month ago - 18 years 1 month ago #127172 by charlieb
Robert,
Last I checked, and it's been a few months, it was priced at $270 without modifications and $325 with all the mods.
Can't recall the weight and have checked the brochure. But you can call Buckingham to find out. I think it was about 1.5lbs less than the old one which should put it at about 4.5lbs.

Safe climbin.
Charlie Brown.

• SRT-Tech
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago - 17 years 6 months ago #128588 by SRT-Tech
Replied by SRT-Tech on topic Here it is! -- New MasterIV w/ Floating D
WOW, i like it! nice neutral earthtone colors too.....I must have one......

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds