• charlieb
  • charlieb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125641 by charlieb
Buckingham Mfg. Listens! was created by charlieb
Great News!!

After much discussion with a very responsive Mr. Jim Pennefeather, the Executive Vice Pres. in charge of Marketing, Sales and New Product Changes, he and therefore, Buckingham has agreed to permit for us arborists, a permanent adaptation, but by custom request only,(eventhough a part number will be assigned!) a "Floating D Bridge" adapted to the brand new Master IV saddle for the first time! The bridge will consist of a length of Spectra sewn to the two lower tie-in loops on the saddle forming the D bridge.

After discussion also, they have also agreed, by request only(with part number assigned!), to adapt two rear saddle slots of about 2" wide just to the right and left of the rear center in order to allow us to attach tool pouches, if desired, by sliding the tool pouch straps through these adapted slots. This allows the pouch to ride high rather than hanging way down merely on clips. Of course you could attach anything else for utility purposes in these slots also.

Jim Pennefeather was very open to listening to the ideas that are coming in from us, his dists., reps. and even competitors. For example, many arborists have made floating D bridges somewhat of an accepted norm now, as well as, even competitors were coming in with adaptations, like the Petzl sidestraps, to allow their use on many fixed D saddles. So he saw the opportunity and had a genuine desire to understand and respond to our desires, eventhough, it was a risk for him to tamper with the ever popular features of the Master II saddle.

So he was very understanding and gracious to us and recognized the potential for opportunity to help us and his company by allowing these adaptations, that will of course also meet safety standards.

If anyone would like these new features, call Buckingham, customer service, speak with Kathy Kohort, at 607-773-2400 and request them through her specifically as the modifications "as approved" by Jim Pennefeather.

Also, please don't forget to thank them and especially Jim for such a gracious response.

Safe climbin.
Charlie Brown.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• charlieb
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125646 by charlieb
Replied by charlieb on topic Buckingham Mfg. Listens!
Forgot to mention, these adaptations above, could possibly be put on other new Buckingham saddles if anyone would be interested in them, but you would have to request it and talk with Kathy or Jim first.
The above innovations were not so easily accomplished, but thanks to Jim we climbers now have great new options available to us.
See ya'll at the top!

Safe climbin.
Charlie Brown.

More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125647 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Buckingham Mfg. Listens!
Wait, wait, wait. I put a bridge on my saddle maybe 3 years ago in that same spot. I've been loving it ever since. Are you saying the mfr. is now endorsing that type of modification?

Charlie, do you have any photo's showing what type of bridge you're talking about, just to make sure we're on the same page?

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• charlieb
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125649 by charlieb
Replied by charlieb on topic Buckingham Mfg. Listens!
Don't know if it's the same as yours Nick.
Many arbos expressed a desire for this feature, and after a lot of negotiating, which wasn't so easy, the mfr. finally agreed to add this feature for the first time ever!
I will be receiving my prototype Master IV saddle with these features around the end of this week and will post some pics.

Safe climbin.
Charlie Brown.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds