New "Floating D" coverter from Petzl !!

• charlieb
  • charlieb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #125427 by charlieb
Guys,
Ever wanted to buy a favorite saddle, but didn't want to get it because it didn't have a floating D bridge?
Well now you can!
You can have virtually "almost" any saddle converted to a floating D with the new Petzl "Sidestraps" that has just come out. It was made especially for the Navajo Vario, but will convert many fixed D saddles to floaters.
I just got one and have a Newtribe and now it is a Floater!!
See it at: http://www.patrollersupply.com
(in the search box type in "Sidestraps")
The main belt simply slides underneath your existing side D's and then buckles, while the leg straps attach to your existing leg loops with a screwlink, then wallah!
CharlieB.

Safe climbin.
Charlie Brown.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #125429 by moss
Pretty cool Charlie! I'm having a little trouble visualizing how this would work on a New Tribe saddle because of the way the leg loops lock into the center delta. But I believe you when you say it works :-) Any chance you can post a photo of your NT saddle with the Petzl strap on it? Thanks!
-moss

More
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #125430 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Petzl Saddle Convertion Kit
Saddle Convertion Kit.
Charlie, This is an Interesing kit. I wonder if it affects any of the safety issues of other brand saddles and what to do w/ the extra unsued gear hanging in from of your saddle now. You will hanging from the D Rigns area mostly while on the N-tribe saddle you are hanging mostly from the legs and belt portion of the seat. Please tell us your reports experiences after you try it for a while. It may be a good addition for some of us.

• charlieb
  • charlieb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #125431 by charlieb
I'm working on a photo now and will post soon.
Oldtimer, The floating D when in use, is further out or away from the fixed D screwlink area, so it doesn't interfere. Also you only use one or the other(fixed D or floating) at a time, to attach to your rope, so this is used the same as working arborist use it, for work positioning, and there should not be a safety problem.
Also what's great is you can still you your fixed D to climb or descend say SRT and then when in the canopy switch to DdRT on the floating D to position.
Anyway will let ya'll know more soon.
CharlieB.

Safe climbin.
Charlie Brown.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds