Desperately Seeking Saddle

• joesoup
  • joesoup's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
19 years 1 month ago - 19 years 1 month ago #124990 by joesoup
Desperately Seeking Saddle was created by joesoup
Is there anyone who has an extra saddle lying around that you want to sell. I am having a hard time getting outbidded on e-bay, and I am new to the sport so I don't want to spend more than around $100 for one until I have developed my technique and am sure this is something I want to stick with. Any takers? I can be reached @ joesoupcoxman @ bellsouth.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 month ago - 19 years 1 month ago #125002 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Desperately Seeking Saddle
You can buy a new weaver saddle for less than $100.

You can buy a brand new new tribe saddle off their website for $126!

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
19 years 4 weeks ago - 19 years 4 weeks ago #125015 by icabod
Replied by icabod on topic harness
DONT BUY USED SADDLES!

You don't know what folks do with their gear and you don't want to inherit the death they earned themselves.

As far as using rock climbing harnesses, make sure it is WELL PADDED. You will be sitting in the saddle alot, and a rock harness can be brutal. I do also reccomend a newtribe saddle. I climbed for about a year in a rock harness. As soon as I changed my skills level increased because my comfort level allowed me to practice more and to take my time to do it right.

Climb Safe!
Icabod

Cam "Icabod" Taylor

More
19 years 4 weeks ago - 19 years 4 weeks ago #125029 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Desperately Seeking Saddle
Joe, did you call new tribe yet?!

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• joesoup
  • joesoup's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
19 years 3 weeks ago - 19 years 3 weeks ago #125036 by joesoup
Replied by joesoup on topic Nahh,
I just bought a Weaver 1035. Not much over $100 and it is waaayy more comfortable than the rigged job I used before. Thanks for the great advise. and keep um coming

Soup

More
18 years 10 months ago - 18 years 10 months ago #125262 by unussapiens
Replied by unussapiens on topic Desperately Seeking Saddle
I have found that Black Diamond often have well padded saddles, and you can get most of them for under $100.

Nick

More
18 years 10 months ago - 18 years 10 months ago #125265 by docteric
Replied by docteric on topic Desperately Seeking Saddle
I just got a Black Diamond Momentum AL (20 bucks at EMS - great sale on last year's model). So far it's quite comfortable. Not as cozy, of course, as the solid seat saddle I have. I can never remember the name of it but it's designed as a different kind of tree stand for hunting so it's intended for you to be sitting in it for hours as a time.

I plan to make some extra padding for the BD from closed cell foam, but I was up in it for about an hour at a time and was fine. And it's much more comfortable when standing on limbs and so forth.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds