Dynamic Climbing Rope

• joesoup
  • joesoup's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
19 years 1 month ago - 19 years 1 month ago #124964 by joesoup
Dynamic Climbing Rope was created by joesoup
I found a great deal on some New England G50/60 dynamic climbing rope. I want to be as safe as I can in learning this new sport, and wonder if dynamic rock rope is sufficient for tree climbing as long as it meets strength requierments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• joesoup
  • joesoup's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
19 years 1 month ago - 19 years 1 month ago #124965 by joesoup
Replied by joesoup on topic Saddles
I also found a really killer deal an a beefed up rock saddle and some biners and fig8. How do rock saddles do in DdRT climbing?

More
19 years 1 month ago - 19 years 1 month ago #124968 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic Dynamic Climbing Rope
Use the search function. It'll give you some good info about that well-discussed topic.

Basically it boils down to this: It is possible to climb trees with rock climbing ropes. Rock ropes were not designed for arboring, so your climbing WILL BE LIMITED.

Good tree climbing ropes are not expensive. You can get 120' of sportline from newtribe for $80. New Tribe's Sportline

I started on rock ropes. It was different because I am a rock climber and I was just using rope that I already had. It would be a waste to buy rock rope for tree climbing....no matter the price.

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds