• nickfromwi
  • nickfromwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
20 years 5 months ago - 20 years 5 months ago #123028 by nickfromwi
was created by nickfromwi
Where did you see it and what were they doing? Were they locking carabiners?

I've heard it said that this should be avoided, but common sense will tell you that if the carabiners are oriented right (i.e. loading along the major axis) then they will be as strong as if they are being pulled on rope.

There are some applications where it can be advantagous to stack carabiners....descending for example.

Fill us in and we may be of more help.

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 4 months ago - 20 years 4 months ago #123172 by Tom Dunlap
Replied by Tom Dunlap on topic
Chaining biners isn't a good practice. Use a runner/quick draw inbetween. Too likely to have the gates cross each other and load. That could lead to failure.

If you can't avoid chaining, make sure that you use autolocking gates. NEVER use snap gates without a runner.

Tom

Strong limbs and single ropes!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
18 years 10 months ago - 18 years 10 months ago #125263 by unussapiens
Replied by unussapiens on topic
Chain biners are a bad idea, in fact, it is best not to use biners at all, it is safer and more reliable(generally), than using biners, since there is less to fail.

Nick

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds