Setting lines in high trees- 100 plus feet- without getting busted.

More
17 years 8 months ago - 17 years 8 months ago #128190 by Electrojake
Yes Sir, I would agree that a longer pole (or making the rubbers shorter) would indeed increase range.

By the way, If I may go off topic for a moment here. . .
The “Tengu Tips” addition to the web site is a great idea. Brief tips with graphics is the same sort of thing that made Toby’s catalogs “must-have” items for all sorts of climbers. Please be sure to add to the Tips section as time goes on. Climbers tips, both new and old, would be great to see.
Thanks, Very Nice!:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TreeTramp
  • Away
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
17 years 8 months ago - 17 years 8 months ago #128191 by TreeTramp
Replied by TreeTramp on topic Ballistic's Course
Part of this years Rendezvous I will be demostating Tree Entry Art.

I have a built a shooter that with a pole of 78" tall I can exceed 90 feet.
The tallest I can make is 120".

Using the correct secret ballistic projectile I estimate a consistant altitude of 150 feet.

Come see it in action this October.

Elliot Su can hit 50 meters using my handheld sling shot with fishing line and lead weights.

See you at the top,
TreeTramp

More
17 years 8 months ago - 17 years 8 months ago #128192 by moss
Replied by moss on topic Don't get me started
I'm exceeding 110 ft. with 10oz bag/2.2 Zing-it and Big Shot pulled to max on 8 ft. 2-piece pole with relatively new sling rubber bands. What, me competitive?

I'm further evolving my pulldown and release assist system, it is sweet. On a 10 ft. pole it will be shoot the moon. The challenge is to find the right position on the pole for lower shots, don't have it figured out yet. I'm tending to overshoot on 70-80 ft. shots. A little creative throwline/bag manipulation and it's not a problem. I'll bring a few of the pulldowns to the rendezvous.

We might have to have a ballistics showdown.
-moss

More
17 years 8 months ago - 17 years 8 months ago #128202 by Tom Dunlap
The rubbers on the BS need to be warm in order to make shots over 70'. In the winter the head is in the cab of the truck on the way to the job site. Another observation about the rubbers and cold is that the height will go down after the second and third shots.

The rubber that is being used in the newer BSs is more stable and isn't as sensitive to the cold.

Strong limbs and single ropes!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds