• mateo12
  • mateo12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
18 years 4 months ago - 18 years 4 months ago #126315 by mateo12
XTC in the tropics? was created by mateo12
Just wondering how Yale's XTC rope does in the tropics! I'll be headed there and I need a new rope, and was thinking about XTC. I was thinking about the Fly, but after buying a sample of the XTC I like the extra 2mm you get with 1/2 in. rope. Let me know if you've been there, and how it fared! Or if you would recommend any rope for the tropics... or does it really matter? I wouldn't think so, but you never know. Thanks!

mateo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 months ago - 18 years 4 months ago #126317 by charlieb
Replied by charlieb on topic
I do remember Bill Maher, who goes to the Panama Jungles every year, said that one advantage of the Fly is that it dries very fast after getting wet which happens a lot down there.
You may want to search the threads for his review of the Fly.
I personally favor the XTC for now because it is more substantial and it works fine for me even when wet.

Safe climbin.
Charlie Brown.

More
18 years 4 months ago - 18 years 4 months ago #126322 by leon123
Replied by leon123 on topic
I work in a tropical rainforest. I have not noticed any real significant difference in any of the climbing lines I have used when soaking wet ( I specifically remember using Fly, XTC, Arbormaster in heavy rains). Smaller diameter lines will dry faster than fatter ones, but it's not a huge difference.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. There are more important factors to consider when deciding on a climbing line.

More
18 years 4 months ago - 18 years 4 months ago #122786 by nickfromwi
Replied by nickfromwi on topic
Another factor is that the smaller lines way much less and this is affect is compounded when the ropes are wet.

Why not Blaze?

love
nick

Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds