New Climber in Ohio

• MeisterSOB
  • MeisterSOB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #136016 by MeisterSOB
New Climber in Ohio was created by MeisterSOB
Hello all. I am new to climbing, actually have not ever climbed, and am very interested in learning how. Is there anywhere in the northern ohio area that teaches climbing, or anywhere in the area that experienced climbers go to climb and wouldn't mind a wathcer? I do not have any equipment, I would rather wait to see what is involved/needed before spending any money. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #136017 by tonytreeguy
Replied by tonytreeguy on topic Re: New Climber in Ohio
I think the very best place for you to start is with Earth Joy, a tree climbing school for beginners and advanced tree climbers http://www.climbtreeswithearthjoy.com/default.htm .
They are out of Lexington KY but as you will see on their website, they go to Ohio too. I am a professional arborist. I took my nephew, his wife, and their daughters ages 6 & 8. We had a ball. No equipment needed. Very safe, friendly. You will learn one particular style of climbing to begin with. In the meantime buy the beginner's climbing bible, The Tree Climber's Companion, available from Sherrill and Wesspur. In tree climbing, every decision you make will determine whether you have fun, or die. Spend the money. Be safe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MeisterSOB, stevo

• MeisterSOB
  • MeisterSOB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #136025 by MeisterSOB
Replied by MeisterSOB on topic Re: New Climber in Ohio
Thanks Tony. I have already contacted Shelly over at EarthJoy and am looking forward to getting out with them. They seam great and Shelly has a lot of enthusiasm, should be fun!

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds