Newbie in Kansas City

• jtwfyc
  • jtwfyc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
15 years 9 months ago #131747 by jtwfyc
Newbie in Kansas City was created by jtwfyc
Hello, my name is Jason and I am new to the board.

I currently work at a smaller Landscape company as a Maintenance Supervisor and am studying for my ISA cert., which I am taking in July. I also have a B.S. in Natural Resources from the University of Missouri, so I took a lot of forestry classes and learned basic timber production and felling techniques.

ok. . .somehow I have never gotten the opportunity to learn or experience tree climbing. I am really eager to learn, but can't really afford to take classes from arbormasters or others. Would anyone in the area be willing to take me out a time or two and go over some of the basics to get me up there without breaking my neck. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #131750 by oldtimer
Replied by oldtimer on topic Re:Newbie in Kansas City
Hello Jason
There is a group called the Kansas City Climbers (These are Recreational Climbers thou) but they can teach you the basic climbing techniques and you need to work with a Certified Arborist to get the other very important techniques used in Arboriculture and Forestry to become a good Tree Industry worker. The treebuzz.com is a good source of information for Tree Workers training and information on gear and equipment uses. Lots of discussions for preofessional Arborists that are willing to share and take you under their wing. Good Luck. :lol:

Edit: Buy the Video from Peter Jenkins on Basic Tree Climbing Techniques and order the Tree Climbers Companion book. Both of those are great tools to any new climber either Professional or Recreational. B)
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by oldtimer. Reason: Add comment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds