Climbing in Tucson?

• Patrick
  • Patrick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #126227 by Patrick
Climbing in Tucson? was created by Patrick
OK, this is a longshot, but does anyone know if there are climbable trees in the Tucson, AZ area? I'm going out there for a conference in mid Nov., and if I could climb too, well, that would make it a great trip!

Thanks,
Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jimk123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #126231 by jimk123
Replied by jimk123 on topic Question
Patrick,

If no one responds, will you take gear and scout for an opportunity to climb?

For the record, I take gear when I travel by car. You never know. I haven't flown with gear - yet.

Another question, does Nick ever travel without gear?

Yet another question, is this an interesting conference? I once traveled to Recife Brazil with medical people en route for a gynecology conference. We departed ways at the airport. Although, I think we all ended up at the beach.

Regards,
JimK
Keep FIT - Fun in Trees

• Patrick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago - 18 years 6 months ago #126237 by Patrick
Replied by Patrick on topic Climbing in Tucson?
- will you take gear and scout for an opportunity to climb?

Probably, if I can get to Tucson early enough in the day. It looks like there are a couple of National Forests there and their websites talk about "oak woodlands", so I might just go for it. I'll probably just have one afternoon to do it, but it will still be worth bringing the gear. Not too big of a hassle to fly with it; I just keep everything clipped together, including a big piece of cardboard that lists everything I brought. Makes it easy for them to do a security check and easy for me to know if anything is missing.

- is this an interesting conference?

Well, it's not a gynecology conference, but it should be OK. The Muscular Dystrophy Association (as in Jerry Lewis' Labor Day telethon) has a meeting about research they're doing on neuromuscular diseases. Should be informative.

Patrick

• Patrick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 5 months ago - 18 years 5 months ago #126427 by Patrick
Replied by Patrick on topic It is possible...
Just an update. Yes, there are some climbable trees, but you have to go into the mountains. I ended up driving into the Santa Catalina Mtns in the Coronado National Forest. Just past mile marker 7 along the highway. See the climb report .

Patrick

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds