• lizardman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
18 years 9 months ago - 18 years 9 months ago #125274 by lizardman
tree climbers in uk was created by lizardman
any climbers in the uk out there?

www.mighty-oak.co.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lizardman
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125498 by lizardman
Replied by lizardman on topic uk
yippee good old blighty. Stiff upper lip and all that.

www.mighty-oak.co.uk

• lizardman
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125499 by lizardman
Replied by lizardman on topic u2u
Hi lizardman,
I m from the uk and I am also known as lizardman. I notice that you and I seem to be the only climbers in the uk its a lonely job but someone has to do it.:D

www.mighty-oak.co.uk

• jimk123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125503 by jimk123
Replied by jimk123 on topic Hot off the BBC Press
Hi Lizardman,

According to the BBC there are other tree climbers in the UK. If the BBC says so, it must be true. If CBS says so, it sounds good.

BBC on Tree Climbing

Regards,
JimK

Keep FIT - Fun in Trees

• lizardman
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
18 years 8 months ago - 18 years 8 months ago #125506 by lizardman
Replied by lizardman on topic uk
r u from the uk if so from which part??

www.mighty-oak.co.uk

More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #125632 by bareroots
Replied by bareroots on topic Stiff Lips and sore backs...
Third time lucky lizardman.

Sorry not to get back to you before. I've got a 4 month old baby and have just had come back from a honeymoon. Been a tad busy.

However now were in contact we can talk. We're at opposite ends of the country but i'm sure it's possible to hook up or have some collaboration.

So then, how about you? Who are you? What are you about? Cornwall's a lovely place. Where abouts are you? I live up in the lake district with my family, My wife Sarah, her boy Sam (6), our first Beren (4months) and Charlie our dog. Sarah is a Counsellor and Art Therapist. I work with children in crisis from social services. I also do a little tree surgery (that's the sore back bit) and am a retained fire fighter.

A little project I've just got the provisional OK for funding for is Treedom. A woodland Education Unit for the children i work with. A few yurts in the woods, basic living, crafts, a tree nursary and hopefully a little bit of tree climbing on the syllabus.

I've always climbed trees but only in the last year started using ropes, partly in response to dialogue on this site. I took NPTC modules CS38/39. The basic tree surgery tree climbing qualifications.

I won't prattle any longer. Get in touch. Drop me a line, through this site or in person...

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

07811 385870

seek treedom

• lizardman
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
18 years 7 months ago - 18 years 7 months ago #125637 by lizardman
Replied by lizardman on topic Hi Dude
Hello Bareroots great to hear from you I have sent u u2u

www.mighty-oak.co.uk

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127232 by jackinthegreen
Replied by jackinthegreen on topic new to t.c.i.
Greetings to all u.k. members. Just a brief intro I'm a professional arborist/greenwoodworker . Please bare with me I'm typing this with one finger. I've run my own arb company for the last 11/12 years as a sole trader . sounds pretty cool when you say it fast!. but subsistantce tree surgeon is nearer the mark. I've got the necessary n.p.t.c. certs and cert arb R.F.S. . I also make greenwood furniture /bowl's/spoon's ect.

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127233 by jackinthegreen
Replied by jackinthegreen on topic tree climbers in uk
Hold up theres more! my wife liz is local authority legal clerk who's currently studying. We have a boy will who's 8 and a girl abbie who's 6 . 3 goldfish and a cat called carlos. And I'm keen to find out more about instucting. remember its good to talk!

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127373 by jackinthegreen
Replied by jackinthegreen on topic uk climbers
is there anybody out there !!!

• lizardman
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127374 by lizardman
Replied by lizardman on topic tree climbers in uk
Hi there jack in the green where in the uk are you?

www.mighty-oak.co.uk

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127387 by jackinthegreen
Hello there lizardman Im in Burton upon Trent Staffordshire . Are you actually on the lizard thats a beautiful piece of country . I hope alls well with your new addition ocean i beleive ? . you getting much climbing done ? ive had a few little climbs lately but nothing much to speak of . Id be interrested if you could give me any info about insurance and stuff just out of curiosity . how did you find the course ive asked for some info but its gone a bit quiet so I think ill chase it up . To be perfectly honest im still getting used to this computer gizmo ! so icould of not sent it by mistake . Time will tell hopefully talk to you soon bye

• lizardman
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127393 by lizardman
Replied by lizardman on topic tree climbers in uk
I live near but far enough away from Newquay the lizard thing is to do with something else.I am climbing about every 2 weeks or so still loving it.We found with insurance you have to ring lots of companies who insure outdoor activities etc.Hope all is well with you and your family.Great to hear from someone in the UK.:D

www.mighty-oak.co.uk

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127405 by jackinthegreen
Good to hear to hear from you lizardman . Ive never climbed down in your neck of the woods but Ive seen some of those old trees when holidaying. Covered in mosses and lichens , fresh air indicators .
we get little spots of lichen the size of a 2£pound coin , (one per tree) I always thought It must get quite dusty climbing down your way in the summer if you had to work in one. Ive got nothing to climb in the near future so back on to project bowl pole lathe. Im trying to source some trees on some estates in the locale via a woodland economy business support adviser that im in touch with . My home county and two neighbouring ones (Leics & derbys ) are within the national forest so theres a little grant money , support and advice available . So far Ive had plenty of advice . any way bud "onwards ever backwards never "

More
17 years 11 months ago - 17 years 11 months ago #127406 by jackinthegreen
Good to hear to hear from you lizardman . Ive never climbed down in your neck of the woods but Ive seen some of those old trees when holidaying. Covered in mosses and lichens , fresh air indicators .
we get little spots of lichen the size of a 2£pound coin , (one per tree) I always thought It must get quite dusty climbing down your way in the summer if you had to work in one. Ive got nothing to climb in the near future so back on to project bowl pole lathe. Im trying to source some trees on some estates in the locale via a woodland economy business support adviser that im in touch with . My home county and two neighbouring ones (Leics & derbys ) are within the national forest so theres a little grant money , support and advice available . So far Ive had plenty of advice . any way bud "onwards ever backwards never " :D

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds