madagascar or tropical forests?

• melissamadagascar
  • melissamadagascar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
20 years 3 months ago - 20 years 3 months ago #123250 by melissamadagascar
madagascar or tropical forests? was created by melissamadagascar
hello, my name is melissa. currently i am in madagascar until june/july but flexible with the where and when in the future. I am a student from western washington university with a self designed major in conservation biology of tropical and temperate forests.

i am seeking fellow treeclimbers and canopy researchers in the southern half of the globe. Ideally i would like to team up with some other researchers studying orchids, epiphytes, insects or ecology somewhere in madagascar, e. africa, indian ocean islands, australia, indonesia region, micronesia, melanesia, or polynesia. i have treeclimbing gear (excluding rope,) a grant to cover my basic costs to go anywhere in the world (but with a preference towards islands with unusual evolution,) i'm available until july, and i have the desire to learn about canopy ecology.

contact me if you would like to team up somewhere or if you know of a project that i can join. i will post this message to the universe for serendipidious opportunities, but i would prefer serious replys if possible. post something here or email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

thanks,

Melissa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Patrick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 years 3 months ago - 20 years 3 months ago #123275 by Patrick
Replied by Patrick on topic Panama rainforest
I know it's probably too far from where you are, but the Institute for Tropical Ecology and Conservation (ITEC) has a course in rainforest canopy issues. Their website is at http://www.itec-edu.org . You could contact the head of ITEC, Peter Lahanas, to discuss other potential sites or courses that he might know about.
A group of us just returned from a tree climbing expedition to the ITEC station. It was incredible!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds