New climber into the trees

• moss
  • moss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 years 5 months ago #136241 by moss
New climber into the trees was created by moss
Had a chance to meet up with the Rhode Island climber known as "something not too generic but still anonymousish". For the sake of brevity and ease of typing I'm temporarily renaming him "Free Frog", a nod to his free climbing ways and the tree frog that was calling while we were climbing.

All in all an excellent climb, Free Frog took to it like the tree climber he is. We climbed in an amazing American beech, here are some photos for your enjoyment:

Free Frog in his natural habitat (sorry for the lousy focus)

-AJ
The following user(s) said Thank You: pdbrandt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #136242 by 2chops
Replied by 2chops on topic New climber into the trees
Moss, that's a crazy looking beech. In the first pic, it looks like the middle stem broke off a while back. Beeches are nice trees. Thanks for posting. So how did Free Frog like climbing with all the gear? In my mind, it would have to be liberating in that he could have access to a wider variety of trees that he couldn't get into by free climbing.

• moss
  • moss's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 years 5 months ago #136243 by moss
Replied by moss on topic New climber into the trees

2chops wrote: Moss, that's a crazy looking beech. In the first pic, it looks like the middle stem broke off a while back. Beeches are nice trees. Thanks for posting. So how did Free Frog like climbing with all the gear? In my mind, it would have to be liberating in that he could have access to a wider variety of trees that he couldn't get into by free climbing.

Yep, it's a serious multi-stem tree, the grove is coastal and has been through several major hurricanes over the last 70+ years.

You'll have to ask Free Frog but he seemed to be enjoying the rope mobility.
-AJ

More
10 years 5 months ago #136248 by dogwood
Replied by dogwood on topic New climber into the trees
Great looking tree! I love beeches. I hope Free Frog gets attached to the idea of ropes, more importantly attached TO the rope!

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds