Perks of the Job

• 2chops
  • 2chops's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
13 years 5 months ago #134962 by 2chops
Perks of the Job was created by 2chops
Finished up a job yesterday for some folks who have a ton of money. As I'm hanging there and looking around, I was reminded of one of the perks that come with being a tree guy. We sometimes get to have an up close view of how the other half spends their money on housing and doo-dads. When I was doing right-of-way trimming, one of the guys I worked with often asked,"What other job can you think of that lets you go on other peoples property, without getting busted for trespassing?" Good point.

I used to see a lot of neat places and meet some interresting people doing ROW work. Encountered some scary ones too. Ahh the memories...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• greenluck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #134964 by greenluck
Replied by greenluck on topic Re:Perks of the Job
In my line of work (not tree trimming) I often work on and inspect homes of families below the federal poverty guidelines. These homes often have dirt floors, open sewer lines, no electric, leaking roofs, bad plumbing and an exterior shell that sometimes you can literally see daylight through. Talk about a wide range of lifestyles.........

Their are lots of folks out there that enter stranger's homes and properties as part of their job. It is sometimes an eye opener......
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by greenluck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds