First Night Climb

• climber020
  • climber020's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
18 years 2 weeks ago - 18 years 2 weeks ago #127353 by climber020
First Night Climb was created by climber020
I decided earlier today that I would first take my girlfriend up a lighter higher then last which went very well. Her 1st time was 10' and was scared to death and this time she went 30'! So it can be done. Getting over your fear of heights. Just try to not look down.

After helping her descend I headed back on up. Day light was fleaing so I knew I had to get up there fast if I want to get any good sun setting pics. So I switched from Ddrt to SRT and started running up the rope. After to monkey fist pitches I was sitting 90' in a 100-110' Tulip Popular, over looking the world. But, it so happened that the sun was setting on two smoke pipes for a sewage plant. Funny how something so crappy could be put together with something so beautiful. (pun intended)

I hung out and watched the sun set while taking plenty of pictures to get the whole sequence. Many were messed up from looking right at the sun and lack of light after the sun went down. But I had thought there would be a moon because I had thought there was a full moon 4/15. But to my suprise I didn't see it. So I am lead to believe that I had remembered it wrong and it must have been a new moon. But the view of the way things all looked up in the tree at night was really cool.

Definitly think I need to see how I like it when the moon is out. Would amagine every thing must look great being cast in the moon light. Going to have to check my calander.

See you at the top.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds