NC Gathering

• icabod
  • icabod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
20 years 1 month ago - 20 years 1 month ago #123299 by icabod
NC Gathering was created by icabod
I am excited to present the dates for a Gathering Climb in beautiful NC!

Come One, Come All! April 17-18, 2004!

The climb will happen in the Birkhead Wilderness area of the Uwharrie NF; that is, unless the turn out is projected to be too great. NC wilderness regulations limit group size, so it's important that you give us a heads up so a easy to find meeting location can be arranged, if we have too many folks coming, we will move the venue to Badin area, and find a nice climb spot on one of the Rivers that flow through the forest.

The Birkhead Wilderness is an area covered with mostly hardwoods, it is an area rich in history, and holds lots of promise for wonderful climbs. For those who don't wish to camp the city of Ashboro is about 10 miles away. The home of the Ashboro Zoo, this city has the hotels and restarunts many of you might prefer to sleeping under (or in!) the trees. The area is 1-1/2 hours from the state Capitol, Raleigh, which has many attractions. It is also 1-1/2 hours from Charlotte, with Concord Mills Mall, Lowes Motor Speedway, it is on many people's "to see" list.

We look forward seeing old friends, and meeting new ones. Bring your gear, stories, and a smiling face to join us in the trees!

I can't wait to hear form you all, please drop me an e-mail for more details at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

See You Soon!,
Cam "Icabod" Taylor

Cam "Icabod" Taylor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds