Handicap access tree house "Air Breaking"

• scottdb
  • scottdb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 1 month ago - 18 years 1 month ago #127105 by scottdb
Hello all,

My freinds at Forever Young Tree Houses have a project in Northern Ohio (Shaker Heights) that will be built this year. This will be the sixteenth project either built or planned for them (i think).

The Laurel School where the tree house will be located would like to have a tree climbing event as part of their "Air Breaking" ceremony. They want to put some kids and Alumni up a tree to help kick off the project!

I am going to try and be there but I'm wondering if one of you who is rigged to do this sort of facilitated climb could either;
Come and do the gig or
Ship us the gear- reimbursed of course-and help me with tips on running the show.

More on Forever Young at www.treehouses.org

This could be great fun and for a great cause. The project may have a budget to help...I'll find out. Fantastic trees to use...big red oaks and some huge beech.

Please help! Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Patrick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 1 month ago - 18 years 1 month ago #127106 by Patrick
Replied by Patrick on topic climbing with disabled folks
Hi Scott. This may be an event that is right up our alley. We do most of our climbing with people who have disabilities, and we're in the Detroit area.

How about if you This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. us and tell us a little more about the project?

Patrick
Arborquest.org

More
18 years 1 month ago - 18 years 1 month ago #127111 by sitka12
Patrick, you say that you do tree climbing with people with disabilities. i do a lot of work with this population and like the idea of involving tree climbing in some way. in fact, i'm currently working on my masters in special education. i checked out your website, but is there someone i could contact to find out more. im very interested! thanks

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds