Nov. 12 "Second Saturday" wilderness climb

• wildbill
  • wildbill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 5 months ago - 18 years 5 months ago #126325 by wildbill
The weather forecast for this weekend's "Second Saturday" wilderness climb in the north Georgia mountains calls for mostly sunny skies with a morning low of 53 and an afternoon high of 71.

This is a free, climb-at-your-own-risk event and is open to all experienced climbers who have their own equipment. Those climbers with 200-foot ropes should bring them.

We will meet at 9 a.m. at the infamous Waffle House at the north end of Georgia 400, at the intersection with Georgia 60 near Dahlonega. It is about a one hour drive from I-285. Don't be late because we will leave almost immediately for the climbing area.

Those climbers who will be in the Atlanta/north Georgia area on Sunday are also invited to join Abe and others at the Second Sunday climb at Lake Horton south of downtown Fayetteville.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago - 18 years 5 months ago #126328 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic I'll be there!
Wild Bill,
Expect from 5-8 experienced climbers from Atlanta. Is the climb in the same area as the one I climbed at last? We going to go up the 150 foot (measured with steel tape) white pine again? Those ropes are going to be caked with sap if climbers forget to bring friction savers!

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

• jimk123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 5 months ago - 18 years 5 months ago #126329 by jimk123
Replied by jimk123 on topic Waffle House Bragging Rights
Wild Bill says:

We will meet at 9 a.m. at the infamous Waffle House ...Don't be late because we will leave almost immediately for the climbing area.

Though you may be climbing, keep in mind that I live 6 miles from the highest business volume Waffle House, which is situated in Columbus Ohio.

When you can't climb with others, you have to angle bragging rights.

Sounds like it's a quick bowl of grits and a cup of coffee there. Here we take our time eating grits.

Regards,
JimK

Keep FIT - Friends in Trees

• john e routon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 5 months ago - 18 years 5 months ago #126331 by john e routon
Replied by john e routon on topic "Battle of the Waffle Houses"
Now Jim-- We all respect the volume of the Waffle House in your area but; is there more than eating going on at your place? Anyway our female servers have the most volume of any Waffle House and if someone doesn't act correctly in the house, the girls can and do throw them out. Ask Bill; that might explain the recent knot on his head. I'm sure the Saturday climb will be fun but if anyone is still wanting to climb then visit Abe and I on Sunday at Lake Horton

More
18 years 5 months ago - 18 years 5 months ago #126332 by elliotsu
Replied by elliotsu on topic My spirit will be there too
Treeman
I will go climb at a same time on same day in Taiwan.my spirit will go there too.
If you reach to the tree top,please take a look east,I'll be sitting on a giant Hinoki canopy waving with smilling.
Please take care of Abe for me, I know he has long time no to climb so high.
Shie-Shie (Thanks)

Elliot / Tree Climbing Taiwan

Elliot

More
18 years 5 months ago - 18 years 5 months ago #126361 by treeman
Replied by treeman on topic My heart said hello.
Thanks Elliot! My heart was with you on my climb.

I will have to tell you later about my error on my descent. Hint- always pack up your loose throw line after using it or you will be sorry. I will tell you later about it.

Waving from a treetop,
Peter Treeman Jenkins

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds