Tree Climbers International Forum

Register today!  Website registration is required to participate in our Forums. Register now and start posting your comments!

New climbers! These Forums are not intended as a substitute for professional tree climbing instruction. Please do not use them for that purpose. We urge you learn the fundamentals of safe tree climbing by taking a “Basic Tree Climbing Course,” or by purchasing TCI’s "Tree Climbing Basics” DVD or online BTCC.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Quick Release Rap Anchor Vid

Quick Release Rap Anchor Vid 10 years 4 months ago #131637

Today I tried a different way to anchor the end of my rope to control my swing back to the plumb line below my TIP. You can see the vid at

love
nick
Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: 10 years 4 months ago by nickfromwi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Quick Release Rap Anchor Vid 10 years 4 months ago #131638

• Baker
  • Platinum Boarder
Are you sure you linked to the right video?

Re:Quick Release Rap Anchor Vid 10 years 4 months ago #131639

HAH! I went and fixed it

For posterity's sake, here is the link I accidently posted originally

:silly:

love
nick
Would you like a lanyard spliced up, or anything else for that matter??? Give me a call- 323-384-7770 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:Quick Release Rap Anchor Vid 10 years 4 months ago #131640

• Baker
  • Platinum Boarder
I climbed a new tree today, now named Claire, and tried the new anchor idea. It slipped the first time, but after seeing the error of my ways it worked pretty well. I don't think I would use this very much, but it's always nice to have the new knowledge, just in case.

Thanks for the education.

Re:Quick Release Rap Anchor Vid 10 years 1 month ago #131848

Nick,

Man, thanks for the tears . . . that Avril Lavigne vid really got to me. Of course, big boys don't cry and all that. . . .

Re:Quick Release Rap Anchor Vid 10 years 1 month ago #131849

As far as the video climbing instruction, good job!

Next time could you possibly sing the instructions in Avril Lavigne's voice??

Just kidding. I liked how you used that temporary hitch to work yourself out under the anchor. I used to know a knot called a \"thief's knot\" that would involve doubling the end rope in order to tie, but by yanking on one end it would release. Of course, the simplisity of your \"pincher\" is its beauty.

I was wondering how you got over to the limb in the first place from your anchor?

thanks,
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds

Visitor Login