Tree Climbers International Forum

Register today!  Website registration is required to participate in our Forums. Register now and start posting your comments!

New climbers! These Forums are not intended as a substitute for professional tree climbing instruction. Please do not use them for that purpose. We urge you learn the fundamentals of safe tree climbing by taking a “Basic Tree Climbing Course,” or by purchasing TCI’s "Tree Climbing Basics” DVD or online BTCC.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Climbing accessories to gift

Climbing accessories to gift 1 year 9 months ago #137699

• Annaste
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,
I am planning to gift my bf some good climbing accessories. I am thinking to get him a pair of sneakers, glasses, gloves and helmet. I haven't seen him using glasses and gloves for climbing. His hands have become rough by holding the ropes and he doesn't care. I think I have to take care of him. Can someone help me in selecting the accessories? He usually wears a hard hat but in an online portal, I saw a hard hat shop.mistersafetyshoes.com/products/a119r-nvy which covers the ears too. I plan to get it, before that, are there any better options? Also need advice in choosing glasses and sneakers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Climbing accessories to gift 1 year 9 months ago #137714

• moss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 82
If you're in the U.S. I recommend visiting www.treestuff.com/ and look through their offerings on tree climbing gear including safety glasses, helmets etc. Prices are excellent and their service is too. As far as footwear goes I recommend a light hiking boot that covers the ankles, tree climbers use a lot of foot technique on the rope to utilize leg power, the rope is very tough on sneakers.
-AJ
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Visitor Login