May 8 wilderness climb in north Georgia

• wildbill
  • wildbill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 years 2 days ago - 20 years 2 days ago #123661 by wildbill
May 8 wilderness climb in north Georgia was created by wildbill
The next "Second Saturday" wilderness climb will be held May 8 for all experienced climbers who have their own equipment and who will be in the Atlanta/north Georgia area that day. This is a free, climb-at-your-own-risk event. We will again be joined by a film documentary crew, but we will be climbing in a different area than the previous two months. As usual, we will meet at 9 a.m. at the Waffle House restaurant (no, I don't own the place and so far they haven't given me any discounts on breakfast, but I keep hoping they will) at the north end of Georgia 400, at its intersection with Georgia 60 near Dahlonega. The meeting spot is about 55-60 minutes north of the I-285 perimeter highway around Atlanta. We will leave almost immediately for the climbing area, so don't be late.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jimk123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 11 months ago - 19 years 11 months ago #123677 by jimk123
Replied by jimk123 on topic May 8 wilderness climb in north Georgia
Wild Bill,

If you don't own the waffle house, then I move to my next theory. There's some waitress at the waffle house that goes by two names with the second ending in Sue. She probably pours your coffee a little slower than the other patrons.

Regards,
JimK

• wildbill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 11 months ago - 19 years 11 months ago #123679 by wildbill
Replied by wildbill on topic May 8 wilderness climb in north Georgia
Are you referring to Willie Sue, Betty Sue, Linda Sue, Tammy Sue or Becky Sue? Any one of these, uh, gals could and sometimes do kick the butts of U.S. Army Rangers who occasionally wander into the restaurant from their nearby training camp.
Of course there's also part-time waitress Debbie Lou, who's better known for her full-time job as goddess/chief tire changer at the local Union 76 big-rig truck stop. She commutes between the two places of employment on her propane-powered Case forklift and is breathlessly waiting for some treeclimber named Jim to venture south of the Mason-Dixon line and into her more than ample bosum.
Then there is Alice Lou, but that's another story which you'll have to get from Abe Winters of Treeclimbing USA...!

• jimk123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 11 months ago - 19 years 11 months ago #123691 by jimk123
Replied by jimk123 on topic May 8 wilderness climb in north Georgia
Why does this sound like the making of a country song?...I went to the waffle greasy spoon...had a slow cup of coffee poured by Betsy Sue...changed a truck tire with a bosum broad name Debbie Lou...I hung by a rope by high noon...This was the best day of my life....

• wildbill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 11 months ago - 19 years 11 months ago #123714 by wildbill
Replied by wildbill on topic May 8 wilderness climb in north Georgia
"On the rope again,
I jus' can't wait to get on the rope again...."

-- sung with a lot of apologies to Willie Nelson

Yep, fellow treeclimbers, this Saturday it's time to get on the rope again, with the monthly "Second Saturday Wilderness Climb" for those of you who'll be in the Atlanta/north Georgia areas. You can read the whole announcement at the top of this column.
The tentative weather forecast for the Cornbread Creek climbing area calls for warm and partly cloudy, with an early morning low around 60 and an afternoon high in the lower 80s. Life just doesn't get any better than this, so come on out and join us as we strut our best treeclimbing styles for the film cameras.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds