climbers in the sf bay area?

• guyntree
  • guyntree's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
16 years 1 month ago #131276 by guyntree
climbers in the sf bay area? was created by guyntree
I am looking for some tree climbers to hook up with in the bay area. For the past two years I have been climbing for work and I am really interested in climbing just for fun. I have some experience rock climbing, and a lot more in caving vertical techniques.

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 month ago #131277 by m_morgan
Replied by m_morgan on topic Re:climbers in the sf bay area?
Well look who it is!! Joe how the heck are you? Hows was the training in Ohio for the past month? Let me know if you ever want to go climb. If you know of any big trees we can do I can come down for a weekend. Tell everyone in the office hi for me. It was great getting to work with you guys last year. A good change of pace if you know what i mean.

• BrendanSurfsTrees
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
15 years 9 months ago #131807 by BrendanSurfsTrees
Replied by BrendanSurfsTrees on topic Re:climbers in the sf bay area?
I'm not in the bay, but may be spending more time there in the near future. I live in Truckee, and would love to climb with you. I have several favorite trees around tahoe that I have permanant lines set up in!
Brendan

• guyntree
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
15 years 9 months ago #131825 by guyntree
Replied by guyntree on topic how's things in the sac.
Hey Matt-
What's up man. Hope things are well with work and all that. I tell ya never get off hourly. It's a sham. I work twice as many hours and get paid less. No good man for sure. So I definitely missed the climbing comp. Did you go how was it? This guy just got in touch with me about climbing in the bay area and he says he has fixed ropes in some trees around tahoe. We should hook up with him sometime and go climbing. I got a chance to climb last week in a park near my house. Nothing special, just an 85 ft live oak in the forest. No views but fun anyways. I'm gonna talk to this guy and see if we can all hook up for a climb in the near future.

joe

• guyntree
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
15 years 9 months ago #131826 by guyntree
Replied by guyntree on topic Re:climbers in the sf bay area?
Hey Brendan

Yea I would definitely like to hook up sometime to climb. I'm up in the sierras all the time so the fixed rope thing sounds sweet. Haven't found to many trees around the bay to climb yet but am still on the prowl. Just climbed a couple 80-90 ft live oaks near my house in a park, but nothing too big. But yea we should go for a climb soon. I also have a buddy that i work with who is definitely down for a climb as well.

Joe

More
15 years 2 months ago #133210 by tmlukes
Replied by tmlukes on topic Re:climbers in the sf bay area?
I'm in Boulder Creek and have plenty of trees in the area. I'm a novice climber, though practicing and practicing. Let me know if you are interested.

More
15 years 2 months ago #133231 by Johnny O
Replied by Johnny O on topic Re:climbers in the sf bay area?
HiFolks,
I am interested in tree climbing in this area. I am new at this, but not scared of hieghts. getting ready to buy gear. I have a great big oaks in my yard. also been learning the ropes. I am in santa cruz area.

More
15 years 2 months ago #133237 by Johnny O
Joe,
Looking to tree climb for fun. I have a huge oak in my yard to climb. want to learn the ropes. can you show me?
Johnny o

• guyntree
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
15 years 1 month ago #133263 by guyntree
Replied by guyntree on topic Re:climbers in the sf bay area?
Yea. I'm up for it in a few weeks. Gonna b sking for the next couple weekends, but first week of march and the weekend after are great for me. I think ur area beats mine, so we should hook up somewhere near you for a climb or two.

Joe

More
15 years 1 month ago #133264 by Johnny O
Sounds great
John

More
10 years 7 months ago #136127 by jcaves
Replied by jcaves on topic Re:climbers in the sf bay area?
I guess it has been a few years on this thread, but I'm also looking to climb in the Bay Area. Beginner / intermediate skill with double rope technique and my own kit. Suggestions on fellow climbers currently around, or groups, etc.?

• botanicalquandry
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 7 months ago #136132 by botanicalquandry
Replied by botanicalquandry on topic Re:climbers in the sf bay area?
I will be moving to SF in a month. Interested in other climbers, I have gear for SRT, DRT. All I need are trees!

More
10 years 7 months ago #136136 by jcaves
Replied by jcaves on topic Re:climbers in the sf bay area?
Mike - that's great! Message me when you are around and perhaps we can find some trees.

• botanicalquandry
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 7 months ago #136139 by botanicalquandry
Replied by botanicalquandry on topic Re:climbers in the sf bay area?
PM me your email address.

Thanks!

Michael

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #136318 by Tree-D
Replied by Tree-D on topic climbers in the sf bay area?
I live in Oakland, CA. I took a DRT Basic Tree Week up in Portland in September 2013. I'm all geared up for DRT and SRT, and I'm averaging about one climb per week. I'm going to take an SRT for Redwoods class in Santa Cruz, as well as a DRT Rescue class (location isn't pinned down yet, but locally) in March 2014. Anyway, that's my story. I'm looking for climbing opportunities and buddies! And--not to make the rest of the country feel bad--but as long as we keep having t-shirt weather, I'm going to keep climbing until winter actually arrives!

-Dennis
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Tree-D. Reason: oops... forgot to mention where I live

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds